Homestyle Catholicism

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eucharisted
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eucharisted

Guest
Tee has a wonderful blog, and her first post got me thinking…

I think I’ll start calling myself a Homestyle Catholic. I love that term. Maybe because I yearn for the pre-divorce days in my family, maybe because I love homestyle cooking, or maybe because the term just seems to fit in with how I imagine the Holy Family to be. But whatever the ulterior motives, I love the phrase. It’s different than a Cafeteria Catholic and a Traditionalist Catholc, it dosen’t ring of Liberal or Consevative, and it has a very welcoming tone to it. I’m sure as soon as other Catholics start using it, the meaning will pick up too 🙂

So, who’s with Tee? Who wants to be a Homestyle Catholic? 🙂
 
If we’re Southern, can we be “Down Home” Catholics?😉
No, seriously I hear you.It’s nice to be comfortable being Catholic.But not so comfortable we take it for granted & let things start slipping away. Sometimes it’s hard to keep a balance.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top