Homo- Sexuality

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fanti
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paleontology is not an empirical science at all, per se… Rather, it is an Historical (storied) ‘science’ full of suppositions… and guesswork… some of which defy Reason and Logic.

Prior to the Genome Project - Neanderthal was always depicted by Evolutionists as being the immediate predecessor to modern man… It was taught as Truth in textbooks, museums, etc… ! … . Once the Genome was revealed - it was clear that Neanderthal could not have been the organism from whence Man arrived. Which in turn exposed the non-expertness of the mouthpieces of evolutionary theories (yes, plural) …

Some time later… .Damage Control demanded - the common ancestor story.

Humans Share Genes with every Organism… .

That is no more PROOF that we’re all common ancestor genetic cousins - than would two distinct de novo buildings exist dependently related to each other because they contain the same Building Blocks…
 
Because of this, I would oppose adoption by same-sex parents to avoid putting the child at additional risk.
Except that there is no - literally no - empirical evidence to suggest that being raised by same-sex parents increases your likelihood of being gay yourself.

On the other hand, there is a ton of empirical evidence as to the impact of hearing frequent negative statements regarding one’s personal characteristics, such as appearance, gender, disability, and sexuality and in particular how being exposed to such statements has a negative impact on self-esteem and self-worth and how it contributes to incidence of depression and anxiety.
 
I am so sorry for your niece, you and your family! 😦

This conversation makes me want to pause and reflect more deeply on how I respond to other people, both in my heart and in my words. I feel hurt and confused sometimes, and so do they. And the very moment when someone may be rubbing me the wrong way might be their soul’s way of telling me they need someone to listen to them, even for just a moment.

I pray God helps me and all of us to see His creative hand when we’re blessed to interact with others, and not to seek ways to label them or assign values of "good’ and “bad.”
 
There is already a cure for that. 😉

God willing, we’ll find a cure for SSA as well, though I suspect the only cure will be the One we have at present for both.
 
I am sorry about your niece!

While, there have been gay people in my family, they were older than me and I didn’t have much contact with them.

However, my thirteen year old daughter who lives 1200 miles from me, let me know a week ago that she is gay. I wasn’t sure what to say, so I said that’s cool, to which she quickly replied “that’s all you got?”! My girlfriend who was with me at the time thankfully coached me on what to say feelings wise.

So, I basically told her that I didn’t know how to express myself and that I do love her and will always love her no matter what she tells me.
 
Last edited:
I guess if we find a cure for homosexuality we can give it to the dolphins and other species of animals that perform homosexual acts as well?

/endsarcasm
 
Last edited:
More baby dolphins would be nice, no? Maybe not if you’re a shark.
 
There is already a cure for that. 😉

God willing, we’ll find a cure for SSA as well, though I suspect the only cure will be the One we have at present for both.
I’m not seeing a lot of compassion in a point of view that basically states homosexuals are somehow “wrong”.
 
What would I need to do or say for you to see otherwise?

Anyway, I’m not saying it’s wrong to have SSA. We all have concupiscence. Though it would be nice if we could have some sort of therapy to free ourselves of it.
 
Last edited:
If you’re not saying it’s wrong, then why do you imagine it needs a cure?
 
If you’re not saying it’s wrong, then why do you imagine it needs a cure?
Cancer needs a cure but it isn’t wrong.

Because it is a disordered desire. Because that disordered desire makes it very difficult for them to have healthy marital relationships with the opposite sex that are open to life.

And, sadly, in our current era there are people trying to convince these unfortunate people that it isn’t disordered and that sexual acts in accordance with these desires are healthy and normal and that anyone who has these desires is a strong and brave for conceding to their concupiscence. The acronym movement is a pied piper leading them to hell.
 
Last edited:
We’ve only got 30 minutes left. We’d better hurry and finish this conversation.
 
Yes, and suffer more the more they sin. I don’t consider that a good thing. If you believed it, would you consider it good?
 
Not crying at all.

I am face palming the fact that compassion seems to be lacking in your skill set.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top