T
TeenageConvert
Guest
I don’t see how I can do it. Past asking for her permission to do something that would require it, or obeying her when she forbids or tells me to do something, I don’t see how I can possible honor her.
She is a single mom, I’ll give her that, but still she’s beyond lazy. If anyone cleans anything in the house, it’s me, and I normally only clean up after myself because my family is 100% capable of cleaning up after themselves and I refuse to do it for them. Because of this, our house is disgusting. The laundry room smells like a dumpster, I literally was gagging this morning walking through it, my mom won’t take the garbage to the dump(and I can’t drive yet). There are spills all over the floor which never got cleant up in the kitchen, and there is a corner that has been piling with junk for 3 years, and it’s all hers and my sister’s.
Last April we got new furniture and repainted our living room, and my mom started to repaint our front door-it’s been half painted since then. Even though we have new furniture in our living room though, it’s still pretty bad because my siblings and mom eat there, and will leave their plates and drinks/cups there where they start to grow mold…at which point I get disgusted and clean it up for them. My sister also drags out all of her toys, and destroys the living room and my mom doesn’t make her clean it up.
She’s “too tired” to do anything involving getting off of the couch, until about 11:00 pm when she goes out with her boyfriend and her friends and gets drunk-leaving me with my 4 year old sister to babysit.
Earlier tonight I tried was trying to clean the kitchen because it was so repulsive, and I told my sister to pick up all of her stuff-whatever was left on the floor would be swept up and was going in the trash. When I threw away some stick thing she got at a birthday party, she started screaming bloody murder, ran to my mom, who dug the thing out of the trash can to stop her from crying. I couldn’t believe she did that, and obviously that was showing because then my mom went off on her usual rant-
“She’s a single mom, she has a job, I’m an unappreciative brat, I never do anything, I get everything I want, I’m disrespectful, I think I’m better than everyone else, etc”.
It pisses me off. If she has enough energy to go party every night, she has enough energy to get off of her *** and clean. I never ask her for anything because I know money’s tight, and I know that I’ll never hear the end of how spoilt I am if I ask for anything from her. She has the impression that because I converted to Catholicism and disapprove of pre marital sex and birth control and I go to church every week that I’m “holier than thou”, or the fact that I actually care about school and work hard because I want to get out of this place that I’m stuck up.
Honestly I think the best I can do is to avoid her as much as possible, but when I try that, she sends me on a guilt trip complaining that I don’t talk to her enough.
I just don’t see how I can “honor” her both internally and externally.
She is a single mom, I’ll give her that, but still she’s beyond lazy. If anyone cleans anything in the house, it’s me, and I normally only clean up after myself because my family is 100% capable of cleaning up after themselves and I refuse to do it for them. Because of this, our house is disgusting. The laundry room smells like a dumpster, I literally was gagging this morning walking through it, my mom won’t take the garbage to the dump(and I can’t drive yet). There are spills all over the floor which never got cleant up in the kitchen, and there is a corner that has been piling with junk for 3 years, and it’s all hers and my sister’s.
Last April we got new furniture and repainted our living room, and my mom started to repaint our front door-it’s been half painted since then. Even though we have new furniture in our living room though, it’s still pretty bad because my siblings and mom eat there, and will leave their plates and drinks/cups there where they start to grow mold…at which point I get disgusted and clean it up for them. My sister also drags out all of her toys, and destroys the living room and my mom doesn’t make her clean it up.
She’s “too tired” to do anything involving getting off of the couch, until about 11:00 pm when she goes out with her boyfriend and her friends and gets drunk-leaving me with my 4 year old sister to babysit.
Earlier tonight I tried was trying to clean the kitchen because it was so repulsive, and I told my sister to pick up all of her stuff-whatever was left on the floor would be swept up and was going in the trash. When I threw away some stick thing she got at a birthday party, she started screaming bloody murder, ran to my mom, who dug the thing out of the trash can to stop her from crying. I couldn’t believe she did that, and obviously that was showing because then my mom went off on her usual rant-
“She’s a single mom, she has a job, I’m an unappreciative brat, I never do anything, I get everything I want, I’m disrespectful, I think I’m better than everyone else, etc”.
It pisses me off. If she has enough energy to go party every night, she has enough energy to get off of her *** and clean. I never ask her for anything because I know money’s tight, and I know that I’ll never hear the end of how spoilt I am if I ask for anything from her. She has the impression that because I converted to Catholicism and disapprove of pre marital sex and birth control and I go to church every week that I’m “holier than thou”, or the fact that I actually care about school and work hard because I want to get out of this place that I’m stuck up.
Honestly I think the best I can do is to avoid her as much as possible, but when I try that, she sends me on a guilt trip complaining that I don’t talk to her enough.
I just don’t see how I can “honor” her both internally and externally.