I don’t know what it means, but it has happened to me.
About 10 years ago, I went with a friend to a Healing Mass. Some people call it a Charismatic Mass. The priest was an older man from Ireland. During the homily, he told us, he noticed his hands would get very hot whenever he prayed.
It was a small church, and it was packed. We were toward the back, so many needed this priest, and the prayers. I wasn’t going to go up. My friend grabbed me by the hand, pulled me up, and wouldn’t let go of me.
The priest would lay his hands on top of peoples’ bowed heads, or on their shoulders. I could see his lips moving in prayer. Quite a few people went down to the floor, like their legs could no longer support them, caught by 2 young men, who made sure they didn’t hurt themselves, and then move them out of the way. Or, if they walked away, they were not very unsteady.
When it was my turn, I was in mid-motion, bowing my head. I looked into the priest’s eyes, and I couldn’t look away. He had the kindest eyes, I’ve ever seen on a fellow human being. He framed my face with his hands, lips moving in silent prayer. His hands were hot, almost uncomfortably hot. It felt like the room started to slowly spin, I don’t remember hearing any sound. I remember the slow spin stopped, and a new sensation started; felt like gentle waves of water hitting my legs. It reminded me of the ocean.
He let go of me, which broke my gaze, and my knees buckled. The 2 very kind young men helped me to sit down in a nearby pew. Still feeling like ocean waves were gently hitting me, I wasn’t dizzy, but felt very disorientated. It took me a few minutes to come back to myself.
My one and only experience with hot hands. Since I’m a skeptic, I’ve searched for an explanation. I’ve never been able to explain, or understand what happened.