How are Christianity and Islam related?

• Thread starter Thread starter MockSock
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most Muslims are people of genuine strong faith who love God, even though they do not fully understand him.
God’s ways are above our ways, none of us can fully understand God. The 99 names of Allah are helpful.

As a Roman Catholic, I know that Islam is not the True religion. Nonetheless, it is saddening that some other Christians think that Islam is evil or barbaric. Most Muslims are people of genuine strong faith who love God, even though they do not fully understand him.
Agreed. Muslims are not worse people than Christians. Anti-Semitism is morally wrong.

I remember a joke our priest told us -

A Hindu goes up to heaven and St Peter said, I will show you around. Over there is where all the Muslims live, The Anglicans live over there. St Peter said, we are coming to a wall, I want you to duck down and keep quiet as we walk past.
Why said the Hindu?
The Catholics live behind the wall and they think they are the only ones up here.

I can’t remember who first told me that but I’ve been telling other people for years. It always gets a laugh.

Islam is the antithesis of Christian and Judaic teachings. Islam says their god is the “Greatest deceiver” and there are other such values Muslims claim that are actually ascribed to satan and the anti-christ in christian teachings. Joel Richardson and other non-catholic Christians are much better at explaining Islam than any catholics I have come across. Well worth checking out on Youtube

Talking of jokes about heaven, have you seen the Simpson’s episode with Catholic heaven and Protestant heaven.

Very true, the original question in impossible to answer in a reply on such a forum, that’s why I suggested you do much more research and I gave you a youtube channel to start from. Hope it helps

Joel Richardson and other non-catholic Christians are much better at explaining Islam than any catholics I have come across.
The reason you don’t hear their explanation of Islam from Catholic sources may be that their view of Islam is at odds with Catholic teaching.

Could they be the descendants of Ishmael. Ishmael had the promise of growing to a great nation and to multiply exceedingly

I thought Islam was built on the church of the east which was founded on Apostles that went east. I read there was a Muslim sect in Turkey that practiced Christian traditions and rituals. I will have to look for where I was reading about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back