How are you doing on your Lenten Promises

• Thread starter Thread starter WanderAimlessly
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave up candy and goto Mass everyday… I have Cholcate chip cookies does that count… and friend gave me a mini gum piece… bu my real intention was to stay away from candy bars

1. Doing OK on “no chocolate.” It’s hard though.
  2. Extra meditation/reading nightly – missed about 4 times.
  3. Praying chaplet of the Sorrows of Mary on Wednesdays – OK.
  4. Going to Stations 3 times – well, not so far!
  5. Watch my copy of TPOTC. Not yet but I will.
So I certainly can’t be proud of my progress, but I’m not entirely discouraged either. It’s the effort that counts, right?:whistle:

No promises. Just made up my mind to take part in more services offered during Lent, extra Masses, visits to the Adoration Chapel, attending Lenten Scripture study of the St. Paul, went to communal reconcilliation service followed by individual confession (face to face - I was a wreck), Rosaries, and watching more EWTN and some of the christian programs. Also bought some meditation tapes, which are very nice.

So far, so good. I do the traditional radical fast, which is no solid food from Ash Wednesday through Holy Thursday evening. 37 days down and only 7 to go.

reading through this thread, i’m beginning to think i actually am a wimp.

40.png
antiaphrodite:
reading through this thread, i’m beginning to think i actually am a wimp.
:rotfl:
Whew!! I’ve had the same feeling, so I’m glad I’m not alone!!

I am fasting as per the procedure, but attending the mass is impossible. Because I am in Saudi Arabia. Really I am a bad luck person.

Mat 6:2 Therefore when thou doest [thine] alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.​

Mat 6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites [are]: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.​

Mat 6:16 Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.​

👍

Now that Lent is offically over, I guess the question can be answered with finality.

Does lent end on Good Friday or all the way up to Easter? If so it means I’ve slipped up only once with my no smoking for lent promise, if not…i’ve had a few today blush

Respect to all of you for your hardcore lenten sacrifices:tiphat: , I wish I had the strength to attempt them! Maybe next year…:whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back