How are you preparing for Lent?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lifeisawesome
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone considered the idea of how they might treat their spouse differently as a lenten exercise?
 
getting rid of all the junk in my life and increasing my prayer life.
 
I am going to;

Pray the rosary every day, go to confession at least once a month, read my bible more and get more involved in my local parish.
 
Anyone considered the idea of how they might treat their spouse differently as a lenten exercise?
I know a priest who says that our families ought to look forward to Lent because that is the time that we treat them the best. We please Our Lord very much by forgetting ourselves and looking after the needs of others.

I am planning to silence the interior and exterior voice of criticism. I’m big on pointing out how things might be done differently or better, and I’m going to try to keep my mouth shut and my mind off of this.

Betsy
 
I am trying to look at how I respond to suffering in my life (which leaves a lot to be desired). I am trying to dispose myself to make a regular habit this Lent of quieting my internal chatter so that I am open to the lessons of The Passion, and how the Passion can be transforming for me right now.

I am also looking at how and when some of my sufferings result from my own failings, flaws, sins.
 
Anyone considered the idea of how they might treat their spouse differently as a lenten exercise?
Yes. Been thinking about this for a while. I think my first step is to give up complaining/venting about him to others. We’ll see where things go from there. God can lead. Hopefully I’ll follow…
 
Instead of doing less, I’m going to try to do more. I’m going to try to go to Confession weekly, and keep up with my Lectio.

I’ll be on these forums more than the rest of the Internet. I’m going to post more in the Prayers section, and I’m going to offer Tiber Swim Team Tags as well as other signature tags to everyone here.
 
For lent I’m not going on Facebook or bebo or anything like that - I know it sounds a tad trivial but its become a time consuming bad teenage habit 😉 . Also, I am goin to pray the rosary every day because I havent managed to get into the habit and hopefully it means I will learn the Apostles Creed by memory because I just can’t at the moment. Overall the plan is facebook time becomes prayer time 😃
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top