How can I know God is real

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ryanb27
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Focus more on the good things in the world and in your own life, rather than on the bad. Admittedly, this is not always an easy task. Where does our love for one another come from, our compassion toward those of our own human species and other species, our thoughts and ideas, our plethora of feelings, our intellect, our free will, our sense of awe, our sense of justice, the beauties of nature? These are all gifts from G-d.
 
This is from the Preface to “Help from Above” by Watson Goodman (1920-2002)

God’s Word comes “from above” and is indeed very helpful to hearts that hunger and thirst after righteousness. When a person repents, forsakes sin, invites the Lord Jesus Christ to dwell in his heart, and believes with all his heart on the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior, the Lord will MANIFEST Himself to him and impart His own joy and peace to the believer’s heart. I experienced this in 1937 and have never broken this wonderful fellowship with the Lord since. I urge you to surrender to Him as your Savior and Lord NOW if you have not done so already…—Watson Goodman
 
You do not know, you believe and you feel. Belief and feeling are ultimately more powerful than knowledge, which is more subject to change.
 
“Blessed are those who can believe without seeing !”…Jesus
 
You can use reason and philosophy. I don’t think you can k ow for sure, but you can come to the conclusion that there probably is a God.
 
As Pascal said, “Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.” The heart has its reasons that reason knows nothing of.
 
My dear freind i have the answer which i found its right here in this video!


I hope this helps understand
first to know our lord is eternal which means it always existed
second is our lord is spirit

I think also this will be an great education for everyone else to
 
Last edited:
That makes sense, but under that pretext I can easily make up a God that suits my needs and makes me feel good.

Even reason and philosophy can be used to prove to ourselves what we want to believe.
 
Last edited:
My main point is that reason alone is insufficient to lead to a belief in G-d. We also need to take a leap of faith, which has its origin in the heart.
 
Thank you for the clarification. I agree we need some faith to believe in God.
 
Last edited:
As science and history teach us, things that we once knew are no longer known as correct. Our knowledge of the world and even ourselves is constantly changing. However, when we have beliefs, we generally maintain those beliefs despite evidence to the contrary, in part because we believe that the so-called evidence is not substantiated and will in time be found to be deficient. Likewise, our feelings in the sense of our strong sentiments about the meaning of our lives and the world, which are awe-inspired, are not much subject to change.
 
Besides having a really annoying speaking style, why is he claiming evolutionists can’t explain certain astronomical events? Evolutionists discuss biology. Astronomers discuss astronomy. If he can’t even get the correct scientists with their fields, he will lose any credibility he may have.

I’m not amazed that earth is perfect for life. I’d be more amazed if it was incompatible with life yet we existed here anyway! Sorry, I just found that video more annoying than helpful.
 
Yes, it is, but I contend this is not the ONLY reason why we maintain our beliefs.
 
I understand and respect your point but if you dont mind what do you think of this one?


is it better this really shows alot of evidence and its amazing done plus it has in parts
 
I don’t have time right now to listen to two hours of proofs but right off the bat he condemns evolution as a blind dumb luck. I’m going to assume…and I may be wrong…that he will NOT make a case for theologically guided evolution and instead assert a YEC view only.

Catholics have some very good arguments for theologically guided evolution with God and denying the evidence that evolution presents is completely dishonest.

I’ll try to watch it later and give you my opinion then. Ok?
Thanks.
 
May I recommend two books:
Handbook Of Christian Apologetics by Peter Kreeft
Mere Christianity by CS Lewis.

They’re good for starters.

❤️
 
Fundamentals of the Faith: Essays in Christian Apologetics also by Peter Kreeft.

Is also a good book in addition to those mentioned by 0Scarlett_nidiyilii above.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top