How can I stop scrupulosity I can't take it much more

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ilovejesus1234
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ilovejesus1234

Guest
How can I beat scrupulosity? It is so hard for me…
 
I have the scruples as well. They have gotten much much better because of a good priest I’ve talked to. Talk to a priest about this and ask him about finding a spiritual director. Also, what really helped me was a book I read called “Scruples and Sainthood” by Trent Beattie. The only bad thing about the book I want to point out is in chapter twelve where he says venial sins can be absolved by holy water and other things besides the Eucharist. I asked a priest about this and he said that praying an act of contrition absolves venial sins, but not holy water. But the rest of the entire book will most certainly help those who scrupulous. Anyway… regarding scruples, if one is scrupulous, they are not obligated to do that which they have doubts whether they must do something or not. Liberty in doubt. If you have anxiety whether you sinned or not, be assured you have not. When in times of scruples, cling to Our loving Mother in heaven. Our God, is a loving and merciful God who wants us to be with Him so much that He gave us His only begotten son to die for us. He is a loving Father. God bless.
 
And you’d do better to get off the internet with all your questions.

I also suggest that you find a good Catholic mental health professional along with one of your parish priests willing to act as your spiritual director.
 
I think all i need is a Knowledgeable spiritual director, my mom is great but I need a spiritual director, knowledgeable of things about the Catholic Church, my mom can only answer questions about faith and guess based assumptions…Pray for me guys…
 
By the way I hope to read all these replies soon, been sorta busy, I am sorry.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top