How come I dont feel "Good"?

  • Thread starter Thread starter pwlj_christ87
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pwlj_christ87

Guest
Why is it that I dont often feel good, i always feel that since i am a christian or a catholici am bad… because i know everyone in this society is going to go against me, and therefor i am fighting everyone from within first… I never feel good, i never feel empowered, i trust in God to improve my situation, i know he will, like everything else he ahs done, but if anyone else could help that would be appreciated too
 
Why is it that I dont often feel good, i always feel that since i am a christian or a catholici am bad… because i know everyone in this society is going to go against me, and therefor i am fighting everyone from within first… I never feel good, i never feel empowered, i trust in God to improve my situation, i know he will, like everything else he ahs done, but if anyone else could help that would be appreciated too
I know why you feel this way even though I don’t agree with everything you are saying. But didn’t Jesus tell us that we would be persecuted for His name sake? That’s what the secular world does. They want the freedom (permission) to do as they please with no consequences or judgments against them. Because we are a Christian nation based on Christian principals we (Christians) will always be butting heads with them. The only difference is now, because we have a very liberal politician in the White House, they appear to have the upper hand. They have become emboldened at our expense. Pray that things will change in the next 2 years. I don’t like to put my faith in politicians but it is politicians that have dragged us so far to the left.
 
Oh, you will, but you’re on Earth. So, it won’t last forever. The world remains imperfect. Perfection lies when we die; it lies in Heaven.
So keep the fire burning, bro. You’ll get signs that u’re doing the right thing.

PS: Salute to the first responder.
 
Why is it that I dont often feel good, i always feel that since i am a christian or a catholici am bad… because i know everyone in this society is going to go against me, and therefor i am fighting everyone from within first… I never feel good, i never feel empowered, i trust in God to improve my situation, i know he will, like everything else he ahs done, but if anyone else could help that would be appreciated too
The reason is, it sounds, because you are depending on the situation around you, your situation, to be improved before you feel good.

But the situation around you, mysteriously, will never be improved in this world (as our Lord said, “You will always have the poor with you”. )

So, how to feel “good”? What do you always have with you, even though everything change around you, waffling from good to bad constantly shifting? You have yourself, you, always with you, and you have God, the Holy Spirit, infusing you with goodness (the virtues).

God is Good, and with you, united to you.
And you are “habitually good” (meaning you have the Virtues infused with Grace, to be used in virtuous acts).
If you do virtuous acts, you are not only habitually good in the world but you are actually good in the world.

In other words, God is Good united with you, and you are actually good like God when you do acts of Faith, Hope, and Charity. You make a difference in the world right where you are that only you can make.
You are a miracle in the world, and the world will be impacted by this miracle when you do in deeds what is real in your soul - virtue.
 
Greetings in the Love of God.

When we say the word “good”, we have some meaning inside our heart, or we have something to compare or related to in order to use the word.

In this case we said… "How come I don’t feel “Good”?

What is this “Good”? What is feeling Good means?

Good is relative and contextual. According to God, Good is something. Most of the times, can’t we say the things that are good to this world are not so to God?

Inferring from our dear Lord’s words:
This world, especially the part of the world that is not in Him, will have to be against the part that is in Him.
As it is, this world has more its own power manifested more here on the earth.
If we are in Him and depending upon how much we are in Him, we cannot be surprised to learn the world is against Him.
Unfortunately, we have to seek Him to survive gracefully (refer John 15:5).

In the context of eternity and all, ought we not supposed to be happy?. Our Good is in Him. Our bad is not being in Him. This (material) world might very well have a totally different meaning for these words.

The ungodly world is against Him. Since we are in Him, we can say it is against us. But, when we say it is against us, such a statement is not completely true. It is against Him. It is better not to personalize too much. Then it will be like the “branch of the vine” thinking that it has its own life…

It is a joy to learn that you are blessed to mention this in your words… “i trust in God to improve my situation”

If we are in Love with Him, though we might have some cursory ups and down, we will have the inner calm peace. The important thing is, as I humbly believe, we cannot even love Him without getting help from Him. Because God is Love (1 John 4:8).

To those who are in love with God, all things that happens are good (Romans 8:28).
The more we are in love with Him, the more we can be sure of the goodness of everything that is happening to us.

What is this world, if it’s business is not in displaying to us that nothing good is happening…

Thanks for bringing this up. It will guide me in my tough times.

Seeking your prayer…
**
Good and loving wishes to you.**:gopray2:
 
I used to also look outside for external remedies. Wanted and expected to be well-regarded by people. That never, ever happened. The world will be disappointing. It finally dawned on me that I needed to resolve to look inward, and take up my journey through life with Jesus. I have built my world around that. I don’t worry about the world out there, or seek its affirmation anymore. I have learned to live life from where I am today.

Eleanor Roosevelt had a great quote on this subject. Something like, “You must live life from where you are at the present moment, not necessarily from where you would prefer to be.” I think that means to make the most of each day, make the most of what life gives you. What you do today impacts what your tomorrows will be.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top