How did Satan Fall?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ALotLessThumb
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was due to pride. Lucifer (Satan) wanted to be equal to God, and his pride led to his fall, as the verse I quoted from Isaiah states.“Isa 14:11 Thy pride is brought down to hell, thy carcass is fallen down: under thee shall the moth be strewed, and worms shall be thy covering.
Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, who didst rise in the morning? how art thou fallen to the earth, that didst wound the nations?
Isa 14:13 And thou saidst in thy heart: I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God, I will sit in the mountain of the covenant, in the sides of the north.”(Douay-Rheims Version)

Isaiah 14 has absolutely nothing to do with the devil. Matches used to be called lucifers - the chapter is not referring to them either.​

As for the question - G.K. Chesterton’s answer is a good one: “satan fell by force of gravity” - 😛 ##
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top