How Did YOU Come to Your Vocation?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kei
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kei

Guest
All Catholics, how did you come to your vocation? Both those in religious orders and laypeople. Thanks
 
I’m not a catholic, but i might become one someday. I’m not sure if that counts as a vocation, but I can’t really say why I started thinking of Catholicism in this way. It just sort of happened a few months ago or so. Sort of like that girl you’ve been seeing for a long time at school or university or whatever and then one day you start having a crush on her for reasons unknown.

I guess I just started thinking I couldn’t go my whole life picking and choosing what I liked about Jesus’ teachings and ignoring what I disliked. I hope it’s God filling me with the Holy Spirit like a candle to show me the way
 
Last edited:
I don’t know about vocation but I thought that you were finding it difficult to accept (or at least live by) the Churches teachings on marriage. Knowing that you are still thinking about converting is great news.
 
Definitely. I just hope God leads me through it. For now I can say that I no longer see it as “I don’t like that Jesus teaching I’ll just ignore it and be a Christian in my own style”

Doesn’t work that way
 
Last edited:
Yes. I am glad to hear such news! Know that God gives us graces to achieve His Will.
 
I knew that God was calling me to the priesthood early in life. We had a few good friends of the family who were priests and it was through my interaction with them that I was introduced the reality of the ministry outside of what people mainly encounter at mass. After a bad encounter with the vocations director of my diocese, I reassessed my vocation and found that God was not calling me to the Diocesan clergy, but the religious priesthood. After visiting the Orders I had intellectually desired, I quickly found that my pride would become an issue in any of those environments. I realized that the Clerics Regular Minor, the Order which staffed my home parish and an Order to whom I had given no previous thought to was the one God was calling me to. It was the only Order in the world with a Solemn Vow not to seek honors either within the Order or within the Church. This was the reason I entered. I stayed because I developed a deep-rooted love for adoration of the Blessed Sacrament through the Order’s charism which included daily adoration.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top