How do future priests know they have a "Calling"?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pythagoras
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pythagoras

Guest
How do future priests know they have a “Calling”?

Isn’t it there should be a calling coming from God first, rather than saying for themselves that “I want to be a priest”?
 
and why is that saying to themselves, “I want to be a Priest” can’t be the Holy Spirit moving within them to ask? :confused:
 
If you have a desire to be a priest, that’s a great first sign. Going to seminary is a way to further discern.
 
No it is not about me, I am just asking how do future priests know they have a calling?
 
Ask five priests how they knew they were called to the priesthood, and you may get five different answers. The current pastor and parochial vicar of my parish came to be priests in very different ways. There are multiple potential paths.
 
If you speak to Priests / Deacons I think you will find there is generally an internalized sense of calling that lingers for a while and doesn’t seem to be satisfied by anything other than moving towards fulfilling that call.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top