H
Holly3278
Guest
Member on another forum:
Hey everyone. This man named David posted the above which I think is in reply to my post on the thread linked about astrology. I was just wondering how I should answer this? Also, for those interested, I am ZooGirl02 on the other forums. I posted a couple of paragraphs from the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
(Link removed as per forum rules)Since I was raised a Christian, I shall venture to make some observations here.
- Anyone who declares astrology a pseudoscience needs to produce some evidence. When I was at university, I was taught that the scientific method involved studying the evidence before reaching a conclusion. I have studied astrology: some theories turned out to be false, but the bulk of it works.
- I trust that anyone who feels that using astrology shows a lack of trust in divine providence will refrain from listening to the weather forecast!
- The current Catholic catechism may be hostile, but when I started studying astrology, the president of the Irish Astrological Association was a Jesuit priest. It has also been endorsed by popes and by saints, namely Albert the Great and Thomas Aquinas. I wonder if the author of that passage in the catechism had ever read Aquinas? Or any serious theology? Demons, indeed! Whatever my granny told me, Protestantism doesn’t have a monopoly on idiots.
Hey everyone. This man named David posted the above which I think is in reply to my post on the thread linked about astrology. I was just wondering how I should answer this? Also, for those interested, I am ZooGirl02 on the other forums. I posted a couple of paragraphs from the Catechism of the Catholic Church.