A
angell1
Guest
being told that just because the church hasn’t spoken out against something, doesn’t make it right?
for example, in regards to working mothers and women wearing certain clothing or working n certain professions. I’ve been told that we as cahtolics should know that it’s wrong without the church having to say so and that just because the church hasn’t said anything doesn’t mean anything. then they give examples of how the church tolerated things such as the castrati or spoke out on important subjects later on after the fact. African slave trade, or other such things.
unfortunately, they make a bit of a point and I don’t know how to feel about it.
for example, in regards to working mothers and women wearing certain clothing or working n certain professions. I’ve been told that we as cahtolics should know that it’s wrong without the church having to say so and that just because the church hasn’t said anything doesn’t mean anything. then they give examples of how the church tolerated things such as the castrati or spoke out on important subjects later on after the fact. African slave trade, or other such things.
unfortunately, they make a bit of a point and I don’t know how to feel about it.