How do I get Born Again?

  • Thread starter Thread starter christiancomman
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

christiancomman

Guest
How do I get Born Again according to what Jesus taught Nicodemus? Thanks šŸ™‚
 
How do I get Born Again according to what Jesus taught Nicodemus? Thanks šŸ™‚
**Baptize and repent. Practice the Catholic Faith, (which is not a set of rules and regulations, but a guide to facilitate a relationship between You and Jesus). **
 
Welcome to the forum,

As others have said…

Believe in the gospel of Christ and be baptized! Amen! It is our one Father calling you. Follow one faith and one baptism into one Church. Devote yourself to the Teaching of the Apostles and to the Holy Eucharist in good conscience.

Peace and brotherhood,
Michael
 
What change happens to me?
You are adopted into the brotherhood of the only Son of God, Jesus Christ. You accept a new nature, which is the Spirit of our Saviour!

The measure in which you walk in this nature is the measure of your reward in heaven. šŸ˜‰

Peace
Michael
 
Well it really depends on where you’re at now. For me, it was a terrifying experience, born and raised Catholic,
baptized/confirmed. I had slipped into Paganism and had become antagonistic to Christianity, the whole Abra-
hamic Family (Judaism, Christianity, & Islam), and even the very God who created me. I loved the ā€œGoddessā€
more, I spent 3-4 years building on my own personal path, wandering the dark caves confidently with my own
light source, THEN THE LIGHTS WENT OUT. I realized I was wrong all this time, ā€œOh my God, I am going to
Hell!ā€ and the Spirit filled me with such terror, like he was grabbing onto the shoulders of my soul and shaking
me really hard. It was NOT a fun experience, but as soon I was relaxed again, after about like a month or so,
and I began to have new vision, everything made more sense to me.

That was MY born again experience though, it may not apply to you, seeing you are Christian, but if I were
you, I’d study up on Roman Catholicism, learn how it is the right religion, and I’m confident that if you give
the Holy Spirit a chance, you too will receive new sight, everything will make more sense, and I pray that
your born again experience will come not in terror, but in blissful joy and peace of mind in Christ.
 
What change happens to me?
Christian-

I don’t want to seem rude, but may I ask why you are asking this question?

Is it because you don’t know the answer? Or because you think Catholics don’t know the answer?

I’m curious because non-Catholics appear in this forum almost daily asking questions like this based upon their assumptions about what Catholics supposedly know and don’t know about Christianity. It sort of seems like you’re testing us…trying to decide if we are true Christians according to your definition of the term…

Randy
 
How do I get Born Again according to what Jesus taught Nicodemus? Thanks šŸ™‚
Christian-

I don’t want to seem rude, but may I ask why you are asking this question?

Is it because you don’t know the answer? Or because you think Catholics don’t know the answer?

I’m curious because non-Catholics appear in this forum almost daily asking questions like this based upon their assumptions about what Catholics supposedly know and don’t know about Christianity. It sort of seems like you’re testing us…trying to decide if we are true Christians according to your definition of the term…

Randy
 
How do I get Born Again according to what Jesus taught Nicodemus? Thanks šŸ™‚
Born Again Through Baptism
By Stephen Ray
blog.catholic-convert.com/?p=238
  1. The first creation came from the the earth which was covered with WATER and the SPIRIT hovered over the waters and from the water emerged land and man and God’s first creation (Gen 1:1-2).
  2. A new humanity was started with Noah through WATER and SPIRIT. The ark went through the water and a dove (representing the Spirit) hovered overhead with an olive branch. Peter said this represents baptism which ā€œnow saves usā€ (1 Peter 3:18-21).
  3. The nation of Israel was created through the WATER of the Red Sea (baptism) with the cloud and fire of the Holy SPIRIT overhead — my oh my, again we have water and Spirit (Ex 14).
  4. Ezekiel then describes what the New Covenant will look like and he said we will be sprinkled with clean WATER and his SPIRIT will be placed in us (Ez 36:25). Born again, I suspect.
  5. Then Jesus, right before saying you must be born of ā€œwater and the Spiritā€ had just gone down into the WATER of the Jordan and the SPIRIT came down and landed on his head. Again, water and the Spirit (Mt 3:16; Jn 1:29).
  6. Jesus teaches Nicodemus that he must be born again, or from above which is accomplished through ā€œWATER and the SPIRIT.ā€œ
  7. When Jesus finished these words what was the first thing he did? He went down and baptized people in the Jordan with his disciples (Jn 4:1-2).
  8. At the first Holy Ghost Gospel Revival meeting Peter stood up at Pentecost and said, ā€œRepent, and be baptized (WATER) every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy SPIRITā€œ (Acts 2:38).
  9. Peter also says ā€œBaptism now saves youā€œ (1 Pet 3:18), and Paul is told ā€œRise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on his nameā€ (Acts 22:16), and Paul writes that we are saved ā€œby the washing of regeneration (WATER) and renewal in the Holy SPIRITā€œ (Titus 3:5).
Too bad many Evangelicals and Fundamentalists refuse to see it but the Bible is pretty clear about new birth through the sacrament of baptism. Jesus is not ambiguous in this matter and he is alluding quite clearly to new beginnings in the Old Testament. The Early Church is also very clear and so is the teaching of the Catholic Church today.

St. Augustine said, ā€œWho is so wicked as to want to exclude infants from the kingdom of heaven by prohibiting their being baptized and born again in Christ?ā€

When someone asks me ā€œHave you been born again?ā€œ I simply answer ā€œAbsolutely, but I’ve been born again the Bible Way!ā€œ
 
What change happens to me?
The old you dies in Christ and you become a new being free of the effects of original sin, and those sins committed up to that point (if you follow the formula for baptism, which requires repentance).

Do not confuse the state of grace resulting from the sacrament as being once and for all, but it gives you a clean slate to start with…very much like the waters of the flood destroyed all that was evil in the world, Baptism purges our sins… But just as the new generations after Noah entered into sin, we too will enter into sin again…

My point: don’t think that baptism or any other act ensures ā€œonce saved, always savedā€, because, it doesn’t work that way!
 
Christian-

I don’t want to seem rude, but may I ask why you are asking this question?

Is it because you don’t know the answer? Or because you think Catholics don’t know the answer?

I’m curious because non-Catholics appear in this forum almost daily asking questions like this based upon their assumptions about what Catholics supposedly know and don’t know about Christianity. It sort of seems like you’re testing us…trying to decide if we are true Christians according to your definition of the term…

Randy
Well you are right, I’m undercover, well if we are all born again we a brother right?

I am just trying to be a disciple of Christ, don’t label my self anything, I praying in tongues and had a deliverance/encounter by the Holy Spirit. in my room 9 months ago. My mom has recently gone back to the Catholic church, and we have had many discussions about this and that, as I have many concerns, but from these answers you seem to know what you are talking about.
 
How do I get Born Again according to what Jesus taught Nicodemus? Thanks šŸ™‚
Read that whole chapter of The Gospel where Jesus taught Nicodemus.
What happened in the verses immediately before? Jesus was baptized in the Jordan river.
What happened in the verses immediately after? The Apostles went out to baptize.

It is perfectly clear that one is born again by water and the Holy Spirit in Baptism.
 
Well you are right, I’m undercover, well if we are all born again we a brother right?

I am just trying to be a disciple of Christ, don’t label my self anything, I praying in tongues and had a deliverance/encounter by the Holy Spirit. in my room 9 months ago. My mom has recently gone back to the Catholic church, and we have had many discussions about this and that, as I have many concerns, but from these answers you seem to know what you are talking about.
šŸ™‚ fair enough…
I had a feeling. Thanks for the honest reply. That said, I will suggest the best way to understand the Catholic faith is to go to Mass, pray to the Father to open your heart, and then listen…to everything.

What this forum is great for, as you already are experiencing, is genuine believers who seek true apostolic Teaching from the living body of Christ on earth. May God help us all to overcome our old nature and its wicked ways to walk in God’s grace.

Sincerely,
Michael
 
Read the dialogue between Jesus and Nicodemus. Hint - watch for something involving water!

Baptism … it is not just a symbol! Like Mary said, ā€œdo what he tells you.ā€
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top