P
PFoxcroft
Guest
We (my spouse and myself) received a late Christmas Card/newsletter from my BIL.
In it he twice used the phrase “the Novus Ordo church which is quickly dying and will soon be dead.”
My significant other thinks that I should challenge him about his, because he never hears from our side (we are Novus Ordo) and he might be influenced by it, and that we should defend our faith.
My reasoning is
He lives far away from us and if I was to say anything to him it would be via a phone call or letter.
In it he twice used the phrase “the Novus Ordo church which is quickly dying and will soon be dead.”
My significant other thinks that I should challenge him about his, because he never hears from our side (we are Novus Ordo) and he might be influenced by it, and that we should defend our faith.
My reasoning is
- IMHO he is a bigot and you can’t argue with bigots. Of his 6 children 4 of them can’t stand him and have moved far away from him, one of them is anxious to join the Marines just to spite him, 2 of them intensely dislike the Traditional movement. His business revolves around the Transitional movement and he is deeply involved in their community. The Traditional Movement is all he knows. He is very insistent that his children do not go to the Novos Ordo mass.
- I have discussed this issue at length with him to no avail. He has very good arguments and loves arguing about this.
- I don’t want to alienate him totally as I am hoping to remain on good terms with his children.
He lives far away from us and if I was to say anything to him it would be via a phone call or letter.