M
Merry
Guest
Hi,
I am really new to all of this, and I hope this is in the right place. If not, please let me know where a better place would be to ask my question.
I am a brand new Catechumen. Although my mother’s family is Catholic, I was never baptized, and I was raised in a secular home, with not much religion except an occasional trip to Mass with my grandmother or my Catholic friend.
I know I will probably have to take this to my priest, but I wanted to have a better idea if my marriage is valid or if we will need to do something about it.
There are lots of spin off questions about this, assuming that our vows must somehow be done again in the church. They are related to when this must be done relative to my hopeful baptism at Easter and to our wedding anniversary in February.
Our original wedding service was conducted in a hall. We found a minister through our local city hall. We had a fairly traditional service, with Bible readings, some prayers, etc. On my marriage licence, where the minister filled in his information, it has a space for “Your Denomination (clergy only)” and he wrote O.R.C.C. I have NO idea what that means - I thought he said he was Anglican.
I have a video recording of the service somewhere and I have a printout our minister made of the words of the service.
Also, if it makes a difference, my husband was baptized Lutheran, but has never practiced any religion. (Although he is attending Mass with me and the children every Sunday now!)
I want to know what I should be looking for to bring to my priest to ask him about this. I am still feeling a little like I don’t want to bother him. He must be so busy, and I don’t want to waste his time!
Thanks for your help,
Merry
I am really new to all of this, and I hope this is in the right place. If not, please let me know where a better place would be to ask my question.
I am a brand new Catechumen. Although my mother’s family is Catholic, I was never baptized, and I was raised in a secular home, with not much religion except an occasional trip to Mass with my grandmother or my Catholic friend.
I know I will probably have to take this to my priest, but I wanted to have a better idea if my marriage is valid or if we will need to do something about it.
There are lots of spin off questions about this, assuming that our vows must somehow be done again in the church. They are related to when this must be done relative to my hopeful baptism at Easter and to our wedding anniversary in February.
Our original wedding service was conducted in a hall. We found a minister through our local city hall. We had a fairly traditional service, with Bible readings, some prayers, etc. On my marriage licence, where the minister filled in his information, it has a space for “Your Denomination (clergy only)” and he wrote O.R.C.C. I have NO idea what that means - I thought he said he was Anglican.
I have a video recording of the service somewhere and I have a printout our minister made of the words of the service.
Also, if it makes a difference, my husband was baptized Lutheran, but has never practiced any religion. (Although he is attending Mass with me and the children every Sunday now!)
I want to know what I should be looking for to bring to my priest to ask him about this. I am still feeling a little like I don’t want to bother him. He must be so busy, and I don’t want to waste his time!
Thanks for your help,
Merry