V
VeritasLuxMea
Guest
I wonder: how do traditional Catholics (especially some of the ultra-traditionalists we have here) ‘celebrate’/‘have fun’?
My tongue is firmly in cheek here, so I mean no offense by this, but I picture a dinner party:
But yea, I do wonder sometimes. If you’re a trad, how do you ‘celebrate’/‘have fun’ with all the scruples running wild?
My tongue is firmly in cheek here, so I mean no offense by this, but I picture a dinner party:
A group of adults gather around a dinner table. They sit, pouring themselves precisely one medium glass of wine and not a drop more, which they will nurse all night so as not to risk inebriation.
All present compete to say grace, but it is decided that it must be a male - since it is not the place of a woman to speak out of turn.
One woman has indeed gotten too uppity, and revealed a bit too much forearm. No worries, though, the hosts have provided a suitable pile of fabric to make sure her skin is fully covered, lest any man become tempted.
Grace having been said, and the prayers of the entire table to overturn Vatican II having been heard, the meal commences.
Enough food has been provided such that all may be satiated, but not too much, lest anyone behave gluttonously. True, we are celebrating, but we must always be on guard.
The men discuss politics, hunting and sport. The women keep their heads down and speak when spoken to.
Following dinner, great care is taken to establish a dancing area. It must be large enough that spouses may keep 3 feet from each other, and non-spouses: 4 feet or more such to avoid any potential for lust. Non-objectionable instrumental classical music is the sole fare of the night.
Following dancing, we adjourn for medium sized cups of coffee and small pieces of cake. Care is taken to, once again, avoid any possibility for gluttonous behavior.
Chant music plays gently in the background, because anything else is the devil’s music. Conversation flows from the all too light (the weather, the neighborhood) to the all too heavy (Aquinas, More, etc.)
Heh, again, tongue in cheek. I think the Priests in my Parish have a lot more fun than this!The party is over at 9 PM, and the couples leave to pick up their children from the All Saints Day costume ball.
But yea, I do wonder sometimes. If you’re a trad, how do you ‘celebrate’/‘have fun’ with all the scruples running wild?