T
ThyKingdomCome
Guest
Sorry, not believable. The respectful way to learn about a person is to ask them about themselves. It is not to ask other people about what “those people” are like, and it is not to mock those people. Do you actually go up to people IRL that you don’t know very well and get to know them by saying, “Because of what you’re like, I have this funny mental image of you being really weird and unlikeable. Is that what you’re really like?”Thread was not created to bash Trad Caths, but to learn more about them. That is why I asked the question that I did, the question which has been answered to some extent by one person. I assumed that my silly mental image of them was incorrect, and would like to have a more correct picture.
I’m relieved to hear you say this, not only because telling someone to lighten up is a GREAT way [sarcasm] to make them believe you are genuinely trying to learn about them after you’ve offended them. But also because I am not even in the vicinity of being a Rad Trad, so I don’t feel the need to “lighten up.” I’m just a reasonably nice person who doesn’t see any “niceness” in the attitudes towards those whose perspective is different from the OP’s.If any Rad Trad if offended, please lighten up, don’t be a perfect example of the stereotype.