I
inkaneer
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkaneer
There are no new doctrines. The ones you cite, Immaculate Conception, Papal infallibility and Assumption are not new. The doctrines previously lacked formal definition which is what happened in 1854, 1870 and 1950. Now if you want to call those new doctrines then what about the Trinity? I suppose that is a new doctrine in your eyes also. Most doctrines in the church still lack formal definition to this day. A good exampl,e is the canon of scripture. It was set at 73 books in 400 AD. The canon was never formally defined until 1547 at Trent. However, the canon was not new in 1547 AD it was the same one as in 400 AD. The infallibility was promised to Peter alone in Mt 16:18-19 and then to the college of Apostles, including Peter, in Mt 18:18. This “group infallibility”, if you will is the basis for the infallible decrees of General councils. But the General councils do not possess this with out Peter’s successor’s approval.
As for the keys just read the OT account in Isaiah 22:22. The parallel of the OT chief steward and Peter in Mt 16:18-19 is as plain as the nose on your face. The rest of your post rambles. Like I could care less what Luvtosew points out. He is as wrong as you are and if you are following him then it is a case of the blind leading the blind.
"17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand upon me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last, 18 and the living one; I died, and behold I am alive for evermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades” [Rev 1:18 RSV]
Death and Hades is the kingdom??? I thought the kingdom was heaven. Isn’t that what John the Baptist said in Mt 3:2?
“Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” [Mt 3:2 RSV]
And Jesus also in Mt 4:17:
"17From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” [Mt 4:17 RSV]
And look what Rev 20:14 says of death and Hades:
“Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire;” [Rev 20:14 RSV]
Maybe that is your idea of the kingdom but I don’t think too many people, indeed if any at all, will agree with you.
In addition, apparently you have not read Issaiah 22 where the keys represent authority. And if you are so interested in Jesus then you better get interested in the Church that He established because He went through a lot of trouble to establish it and to ensure it would proclaim the gospel till the end of the age. As for the pope you should care, for he is your pope too whether you like it or not. Moses wasGod’s chosen leader for the OT church and a lot of people did not like him either but he was God’s chosen leader for His church. Beyond that your attitude here speaks volumes. In short, your anti Catholicsm is showing for all to see.
Originally Posted by inkaneer
There are no new doctrines. The ones you cite, Immaculate Conception, Papal infallibility and Assumption are not new. The doctrines previously lacked formal definition which is what happened in 1854, 1870 and 1950. Now if you want to call those new doctrines then what about the Trinity? I suppose that is a new doctrine in your eyes also. Most doctrines in the church still lack formal definition to this day. A good exampl,e is the canon of scripture. It was set at 73 books in 400 AD. The canon was never formally defined until 1547 at Trent. However, the canon was not new in 1547 AD it was the same one as in 400 AD. The infallibility was promised to Peter alone in Mt 16:18-19 and then to the college of Apostles, including Peter, in Mt 18:18. This “group infallibility”, if you will is the basis for the infallible decrees of General councils. But the General councils do not possess this with out Peter’s successor’s approval.
As for the keys just read the OT account in Isaiah 22:22. The parallel of the OT chief steward and Peter in Mt 16:18-19 is as plain as the nose on your face. The rest of your post rambles. Like I could care less what Luvtosew points out. He is as wrong as you are and if you are following him then it is a case of the blind leading the blind.
Well apparently you are blind because I read Revelation and the only mention of keys there is in Rev 1:18 which states [beginning with verse 17]:Well if you read Rev you will see Jesus has the keys to HIS kingdom, and ISS is talking about our Lord, not some future man, the Bible is about JESUS and the keys signify knowlege that was given to the 11 disciples to spread the word of the Lord. Now I could careless who the fIrst Pope is or was, but the Jesus is the Rock and his Church is the body of all Christians.
PS I’'m a female and not blind, don’t even wear glasses.![]()
"17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand upon me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last, 18 and the living one; I died, and behold I am alive for evermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades” [Rev 1:18 RSV]
Death and Hades is the kingdom??? I thought the kingdom was heaven. Isn’t that what John the Baptist said in Mt 3:2?
“Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” [Mt 3:2 RSV]
And Jesus also in Mt 4:17:
"17From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” [Mt 4:17 RSV]
And look what Rev 20:14 says of death and Hades:
“Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire;” [Rev 20:14 RSV]
Maybe that is your idea of the kingdom but I don’t think too many people, indeed if any at all, will agree with you.
In addition, apparently you have not read Issaiah 22 where the keys represent authority. And if you are so interested in Jesus then you better get interested in the Church that He established because He went through a lot of trouble to establish it and to ensure it would proclaim the gospel till the end of the age. As for the pope you should care, for he is your pope too whether you like it or not. Moses wasGod’s chosen leader for the OT church and a lot of people did not like him either but he was God’s chosen leader for His church. Beyond that your attitude here speaks volumes. In short, your anti Catholicsm is showing for all to see.