Praying the Rosary out loud just before Mass is fine with me.
And I’m a quiet type.
…
I do very much respect that you likely have
a greater need for quiet
and I hope you can find the
silence and solitude you seek.
Here are some thoughts on the topic of Holy Silence and the Carthusian life from St. Bruno, Founder of the Carthusians:
“Rejoice, my dearest brothers, because you are blessed and because of the bountiful hand of God’s grace upon you. Rejoice, because you have escaped the various dangers and shipwrecks of the stormy world. Rejoice because you have reached the quiet and safe anchorage of a secret harbor. Many wish to come into this port, and many make great efforts to do so, yet do not achieve it. Indeed many, after reaching it, have been thrust out, since it was not granted them from above. By your work you show what you love and what you know. When you observe true obedience with prudence and enthusiasm, it is clear that you wisely pick the most delightful and nourishing fruit of divine Scripture.”
~from a letter by Saint Bruno to the Carthusians
