A
Asinner
Guest
I second the diagnosis from @Irishmom2. I’m not a psychologist (I don’t even play one on TV), but this sounds like classic gaslighting, which is essentially a personality disorder. You need to think of this person as being diseased; you are NOT going to win an argument with this person, and you are NOT going to be able to “fix” this person. Only therapy will help such people.
Personally, I would distance myself from such a person as much as our relationship allowed. If we have basically no relationship, then I would gradually “ghost” the person. That’s easier to do than you might think.
www.healthline.com
Personally, I would distance myself from such a person as much as our relationship allowed. If we have basically no relationship, then I would gradually “ghost” the person. That’s easier to do than you might think.
Gaslighting: Signs and Tips to Manage
Learn more about gaslighting, with these examples and signs, and explore next steps to protect yourself.
Last edited: