F
forever_always
Guest
This post is directed more to military wives, fiances, or girlfriends but any feedback is appreciated 
How do you deal with the first deployment?!
My fiance is in the US Air Force, and on my birthday (15 Dec) we found out that he is getting sent to Afganistan…NLT 01 Jan. And while it is only for six months, I am not sure how to deal with it! We had plans to start our marriage prep classes and such early in the new year, but now it looks like our wedding will be postponed a year or so. And while I would wait forever for this man, it just seems so hard to cope! It will also be postponing his RCIA classes…
I support him 100% and am SOOOO proud of him for serving our country. He was hand-picked for this assignment because of how good he is at his job, and even though I am so proud, I am also sad…
Please don’t think I am selfish by saying that I wish he didn’t have to go… but I do. I guess this is something I’ll have to get used to as a military wife… the first night when he told me, i sobbed, but since that I have been strong for him.
Any tips or stories to help with this? I will be starting my last year of nursing school in Feb, so I will be busy. I was also thinking of making a scrapbook for us while he is away…
Thanks for listening
How do you deal with the first deployment?!
My fiance is in the US Air Force, and on my birthday (15 Dec) we found out that he is getting sent to Afganistan…NLT 01 Jan. And while it is only for six months, I am not sure how to deal with it! We had plans to start our marriage prep classes and such early in the new year, but now it looks like our wedding will be postponed a year or so. And while I would wait forever for this man, it just seems so hard to cope! It will also be postponing his RCIA classes…
I support him 100% and am SOOOO proud of him for serving our country. He was hand-picked for this assignment because of how good he is at his job, and even though I am so proud, I am also sad…
Please don’t think I am selfish by saying that I wish he didn’t have to go… but I do. I guess this is something I’ll have to get used to as a military wife… the first night when he told me, i sobbed, but since that I have been strong for him.
Any tips or stories to help with this? I will be starting my last year of nursing school in Feb, so I will be busy. I was also thinking of making a scrapbook for us while he is away…
Thanks for listening
Thank him from us for serving our country (and a thank you going out to you too, joan) *