How do you envision the Blessed Virgin?

• Thread starter Thread starter Timidity
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Timidity

When you envision the Blessed Virgin (outside of the Rosary), how do you generally see her in your mind’s eye?

Most of the time, I tend to see her as the girl of the Annunciation.

Dear Timidity

Either inside or outside of the Rosary it is the same as all is a meditation on our Lord’s life and His life is most intimately shared with our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary.

I cannot see the child Mary seperate from Mary standing at the foot of the Cross. She was and is constant with the Lord and so I see her this way in entirity regardless of her age.

She remains a child of God, obedient and faithful from beginning until the end. She is as she is, full of grace and sinless from beginning until the end of time when she will crush the serpants head.

Holy Mother of God, my Mother, pray for us.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

40.png
springbreeze:
I cannot see the child Mary seperate from Mary standing at the foot of the Cross. She was and is constant with the Lord and so I see her this way in entirity regardless of her age.
Spiritually, she was constant. Physically she must have aged and changed as all humans do. I was refering to the visual you see when you think of her.

I guess I’m a very visual person.

40.png
Timidity:
Spiritually, she was constant. Physically she must have aged and changed as all humans do. I was refering to the visual you see when you think of her.

I guess I’m a very visual person.
Dear friend

I see spirit, I am not concerned with looks or age.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

I always see her as ageless. When I pray for her intercession, I usually picture her with her arms wrapped lovingly around whomever I am praying for, gently crading that person. I never really picture a face, as it is the act of love and comfort that I focus on.

I almost never see her face except when I’m meditating on the Passion, but when I do, it’s so beautiful and comforting. Soft and gentle…ready to accept us.

I see her after the assumption having been crowned queen of heaven.

The girl of the Annunciation & Nativity
The middle-aged woman at the foot of the Cross
The elderly woman just prior to the Assumption

I see her in all these ways plus more.

since seeing the missionary image of our Lady of Guadalupe, an exact photographic replica of the image on the tilma, when I call her face to mind, that is the face I see. In rosary meditation she leads me always right through her to Jesus.

She is a tender loving Mother. My image of Her is like that of the concerned mother in the scene of the Passion of Christ, where the child Jesus tumbles and she runs to comfort Him and see if He is OK.

I suspect she will be the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. I expect she will look a lot like the images from Lourdes or Guadalupe only far more spectacular.

I’m a little more curious about how my parents or grand parents will look. Will they be elderly like I last remember them or will they be like they were in middle age or as young adults.

I voted the girl of the Annunciation/Nativity (same as Guadalupe), but the more I think about it, I see her usually more in along the lines of the image on the Miraculous Medal.

This got me thinking. I have always loved the image of the Madonna of the Way (young mother with baby) and also the Pieta (A Mother holding her dead Child)

but the more I pray the rosary Mary has changed in my minds eye of the Eternal Mother I guess with me as a child at her side holding onto her dress.:love:

This is of course is different for every one

40.png
Timidity:
When you envision the Blessed Virgin (outside of the Rosary), how do you generally see her in your mind’s eye?

Most of the time, I tend to see her as the girl of the Annunciation.

Caryll Houselander’s book about her is called “The Reed of God” - the idea being the receptiveness of Mary to God, and her “open-endedness”, her not putting limits on what God Willed of her.​

So I sometimes see her as a cube without sides; as perfect created openness to to the brightness of God & the Life of God. I see her as bathed in light, radiant with it, hidden by it.

I can’t imagine what her face must be like. C. S. Lewis often expresses the idea that if we saw God face-to-face in our present state, it would destroy us; there are OT expressions of the destructiveness of seeing God in Exodus 33.20 and Isaiah 6. If such holiness, blessedness, goodness, and joy would be so bad for us - maybe they would destroy us if we saw them in a Saint; such as Mary.

Put me down as “Other” - on the whole anyway. ##

I think Mary aged like all humans even though Our Blessed Mother was sinless. But somehow I see her as 30ish and very beautiful with dark hair and perfect features-ageless would be a good way to describe how I envision the Blessed Virgin.

She is over me - in Heaven - and yet present. Her arms are outstretched towards me and the whole world. Her head is slightly tilted to my left.

Her hair is light reddish brown. Her eyes are blue. She is wearing a mantle of red fabric trimmed in gold. Her dress is almost a royal blue.

What I notice most is that she is always holding her arms and hands open, as if ready to embrace me like a mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back