=1strongcatholic;There has been a specific event in my life very recently that has injured my faith in the Church. I don’t want to share what happened but I want to know how I get it back?
I need to look outside of my own parish for answers. Not saying I want to leave my parish, but because of the circumstances it’s not appropriate for me to seek help at my parish.
I could use some guidance.
Know that I just added you to my prayer list!
Step one is get on your knees and pray
Step two Make a GOOD and complete Confession
Step three Ask the BVM to intercede for you [daily]
Step four consider he following:
***On day at a time dear Lord; help me one day at a time.
I really do not know if I, want to be a catholic any more,
Joe, don’t over react. The grass ain’t any greener anywhere else and ONLY in the CC can you find the following.
The Only Church, religion and Faith founded by Jesus Himself
The ONLY place once can actually meet, greet and in an intimacy that is sublime; eat Jesus, so He is physically in us and we physically are part of Him. WOW!!!
The ONLY place one can have known forgiveness of sins. That Joe, is a BIGGY!
The ONLY place that has and VALIDLY practices the Seven Sacraments
The ONLY Place that uses the ENTIRE BIBLE
The Only Church that actually uses the entire Bible [even thought this varies somewhat by parish.]
The ONLY place qualified [it takes God’s constant intervention] to explain the Bible correctly
One of the few churches to understand the required role for Mary
The ONLY Church with the same bundle of Doctrine, Dogma, Sacred Tradition, and traditions throughout the entire world.
***The One True Church that Christ died to found, and gives Himself personally as a promise of perpetual Holiness [the CC… NOT the folks in Her] and the seat of all TRUTH on all MATTERS of FAITH and Morals.**
AND finally, ONLY the Catholic Church holds factually, “the keys [ALL OF THEM] to heaven, as is God’s promise, God’s Will and God’s decision! [Mt. 16:19.]
**John 14: 16 **“And I will pray the Father, and he will give you another Counselor, to be with you for ever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him; you know him, for he dwells with you, and will be in you.”
John 17: 14 I have given them thy word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 15 I do not pray that thou should take them out of the world, but that thou should keep them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. ***17 Sanctify them in the truth; thy word is truth. As thou didst send me into the world, so I have sent them into the world. 19 And for their sake I consecrate myself, that they also may be consecrated in truth”
***Christ has done this ONLY for His Catholic Church.
**Eph. 2:19 **“So then you are no longer strangers and sojourners, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, [singular]
built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, in whom the whole structure is joined together and grows into a holy temple in the Lord; singular] in whom you also are built into it for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.”
The Catholic church is not simply better than “any other church,” it is heads and shoulders ABOVE EVERY OTHER church COMBINED! There really is no other option if heaven is ones goal. BUT your curent parish is not the only option.
In reading this next passage keep in mind that Bible was completed BEFORE the end of the First Century, when the ONLY Church, ONLY Christian Faith was CATHOLIC. Therefore, this passage has particular meaning and significance for ALL Catholics.
**Heb.6 Verses 4 to 10: **“For it is impossible to restore again to repentance those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, [Jesus in Holy Communion] and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come, if they then commit apostasy, since they crucify the Son of God on their own account and hold him up to contempt. For land which has drunk the rain that often falls upon it, and brings forth vegetation useful to those for whose sake it is cultivated, receives a blessing from God. But if it bears thorns and thistles, it is worthless and near to being cursed; its end is to be burned. “