W
whatevergirl
Guest
*Most of you know, my dh works nights. He goes to work in the afternoon, and doesn’t arrive home until 10pm-ish. He has two weekdays off. My schedule is such that I work a standard 9 to 5pm kind of routine, with weekends, and holidays off. He even had to work Christmas this year.
Okay, before I go further, we are grateful for the work. That goes without saying. I thank the Lord everyday for our jobs.
But, I’d be lying if I said that I don’t miss my husband.
He said the same, today. Everything from the kids’ activities, to our intimacy has suffered because of his work schedule. In the back of my mind, I say…’‘be thankful he has work…in this economy.’’ I am thankful. But, again, I’d be lying if I said that it isn’t taking a toll on me. I feel like a single mom. I do so much with the kids, alone. He has to miss mass a lot, depending on his schedule, so there I am alone. People probably think I’m a widow at this point. 
I’m trying not to get down about this…I just need some words of encouragement from you…especially those of you who have gone through something like this. I think about those of you on here who have spouses who have been deployed overseas, as part of our military. My utmost respect and awe for how you hold it together. (your emotions)
My dh said today…’‘we need to start making appointments to spend time together.’’ Appointments?
Oh my. He said, ‘‘yes, appointments.’’
Appointments. (insert scratching head emoticon)
I have been asking Mary to pray for my strength, and my husband’s, and most days, her prayers get me through. But, today’s a tough day.
Thank you in advance for any prayers, insight, and encouragement you have to give. *
But, I’d be lying if I said that I don’t miss my husband.
I’m trying not to get down about this…I just need some words of encouragement from you…especially those of you who have gone through something like this. I think about those of you on here who have spouses who have been deployed overseas, as part of our military. My utmost respect and awe for how you hold it together. (your emotions)
My dh said today…’‘we need to start making appointments to spend time together.’’ Appointments?
Appointments. (insert scratching head emoticon)
I have been asking Mary to pray for my strength, and my husband’s, and most days, her prayers get me through. But, today’s a tough day.
Thank you in advance for any prayers, insight, and encouragement you have to give. *