How do you pray for your husband daily

  • Thread starter Thread starter eli1118
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eli1118

Guest
Friends,
I am faced with sorrow in my heart b/c of how my husband treats my young son about his academics.
I know marriage is sacred, but this is an issue that is causing myself to distance my self from him emotionally–I am very hurt b/c of the hurt he causes my son.
I would like to know of any prayers that you suggest I pray for my husband.
I am running out of ideas and hope.
Blessings to all,
eli:(
 
Isn’t it “our son”?

That said, have you talked to him about it?

As for me, my wife isn’t Catholic, so i pray for her each night, that she may open herself to the faith. It seems to be working, she’s been talking a little about RCIA. Perhaps you can pray that your husband see what is truly important in life, and for him to see that the best way to help your son excel is to nurture and guide him, not berate him.
 
My son and I went through this kind of abuse.

Lots of prayer. Apparently he didn’t want to change.

Ours ended in divorce. He was a mean-spirited person in many things & had a different agenda. For us, it was the best thing.

Good luck to you.
 
St. Monica prayed for her husband Patricus and her son St. Augustine, she prayed for their conversion and she is the patron saint of troubled wives and mothers. I think she would be a great fit for you, especially since St. Monica’s feast day was Monday and St. Augustine’s was Tuesday!

I am doing a novena to her currently to ask for my husband to be open to learning more about the Catholic faith, perhaps you could join me?
 
Our parish approved for our mom’s group to read Stormie O’Martian’s Power of a Praying Wife. I fought the decision at first, because Ms. O’Martian is an Evangelical Protestant and some of the teachings from others in that denomination leave a bad taste in my mouth and seem un-Catholic (prosperity gospel, etc.).

I really, really enjoyed Power of a Praying Wife. I’m looking forward to reading it again and I also got Power of a Praying Parent.👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top