How do YOU pray the rosary?

• Thread starter Thread starter ChristopherMich
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been trying to pray the rosary everyday (all decades), but it is not habit yet.

Quick question, I hear some pray for certain intention or gifts of the holy Spirit for the three Hail Mary’s at the beginning. Anyone else do that? What exactly is mentioned at this point before praying the Hail Mary’s?

Thanks!

I pray the complete rosary everyday as well. I usually offer the rosary to family and friends, to the needs in our Church, to the Priests that they stay strong and vigile, to the Roman Catholic Church, our Pope, and to our Lord, that my prayers will be heard. I make an effort each night to do this. I’m sure there are others that do differently.

I try to pray it daily through all decades, but sometimes I forget! :yawn:

Perfect not! :sleep:

But, luckily, there come new days when I can pray all the decades again! :yup: :love: :gopray:

Gratias Grace:
I try to pray it daily through all decades, but sometimes I forget! :yawn:

Perfect not! :sleep:

But, luckily, there come new days when I can pray all the decades again! :yup: :love: :gopray:
I’m the same I TRY to everyday also.

40.png
Yonnie:
I’m the same I TRY to everyday also.
YES!! Just got regular member with my last post! Apparently it takes 30. Good thing it’s slow at work…or maybe not?

I will be honest that I do not pray the rosary enough. Sometimes, I don’t even complete it. If that happens, I will try at least to read about and meditate on the mysteries.

I put the “Only when I feel I need too” up there thinking, “Nahhhh, no one will check this”.

40.png
Rascal:
I’ve been trying to pray the rosary everyday (all decades), but it is not habit yet.

Quick question, I hear some pray for certain intention or gifts of the holy Spirit for the three Hail Mary’s at the beginning. Anyone else do that? What exactly is mentioned at this point before praying the Hail Mary’s?

Thanks!
first Hail Mary: for an increase in faith
second HM: for an increase in hope
third HM: for an increase in charity

my Mother my Confidence,
Corinne

Does anyone else pray the rosary while falling asleep if they didn’t pray it during the day? Sometimes I feel guilty that I usually don’t finish the rosary this way, but I think it’s better than not praying the rosary at all, and it helps me calm my mind and fall asleep. I love praying for people while praying the rosary! I keep thinking of people to pray for and sometimes it seems that there aren’t enough beads for everyone I’m praying the rosary for.

my Mother my Confidence,
Corinne

40.png
coralewisjr:
Does anyone else pray the rosary while falling asleep if they didn’t pray it during the day? Sometimes I feel guilty that I usually don’t finish the rosary this way, but I think it’s better than not praying the rosary at all, and it helps me calm my mind and fall asleep. I love praying for people while praying the rosary! I keep thinking of people to pray for and sometimes it seems that there aren’t enough beads for everyone I’m praying the rosary for.

my Mother my Confidence,
Corinne
I was told,can’t remember who, that if you fall asleep praying the rosary your guardian angel will finish it for you. I kinda like that.

40.png
coralewisjr:
first Hail Mary: for an increase in faith
second HM: for an increase in hope
third HM: for an increase in charity

my Mother my Confidence,
Corinne
Thank you, Corinne. That answers my question.

As for falling asleep while praying the rosary, I’ve had theat issue too. My last effort to say a rosary each day sometimes doesn’t work for this reason. What I need to do is make a better effort for the lunch break, or when arriving at work.

BTW: Having a rosary on my desk has sparked a few conversations at work.

I try to pray one set of mysteries each day.

Monday - Joyful
Tuesday - Sorrowful
Wednesday - Glorious
Thursday - Luminous
Friday - Sorrowful
Saturday - Joyful
Sunday - Glorious

I try to say the rosary 3-5 times a week. some weeks I make it through 5 sets. Other weeks I fall short. I do my best. 😃

40.png
coralewisjr:

my Mother my Confidence,
Corinne
:yup: Sure do!!!

Daily usually in the evening, a decade in the morning with a novena, also I sometimes say a divine mercy chaplet at night with another novena. I always feel much better after praying the rosary.

I have never fallen asleep praying the rosary (I usually pray it in the evening when I am the most awake) but I have fallen asleep while saying the divine mercy chaplet because I usually say it at night before bed or sometimes I set my alarm clock for midnight so I can wake up and say it. Many times I have waken up with the rosary beads still in my hands a couple minutes later or the next morning. Funny huh! :sleep:

The most difficult part for me is staying mindful and not letting my thoughts wander. Praying with a leader seems quite helpful. I know a lot of people don’t care for radio religious services, but in the past I lived where there was a Catholic station that had a priest lead the rosary every weekday afternoon about 5:30 and I thought that was a blessing.

i love the rosary; it’s what brought me back to practicing Catholocism after 45 years, or so, of being “lukewarm.” I try to do 2 a day, one with a set of intentions that changes from time to time (the Mysteries of the day) and a second specifically for my loved ones suffering from cancer (the Sorrowful Mysteries) - I have a lot of them, and the list is constantly growing!😦

I didn’t vote, I just say the Rosary prayers on their designated days.
The Joyful Mysteries

(Said on Mondays, Saturdays, Sundays of Advent, and Sundays from Epiphany until Lent)

The Luminous Mysteries

(Said on Thursdays throughout the year

The Sorrowful Mysteries

(Said on Tuesdays, Fridays, and daily from Ash Wednesday until Easter Sunday)

The Glorious Mysteries

(Said on Wednesdays, and Sundays throughout the year)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back