J
joshkt79
Guest
I don’t want to turn this into a religion bashing thread, but how do you feel about other religions?
Just curious. Some people think other religions are too extreme. Some people think JW’s are annoying. etc…Fine.Why do you ask?
I like that Mormons don’t use caffeine.![]()
Your post reminds me of an incident i had in college.I think that most denominations are well-meaning and contain parts of the truth. I believe it is possible for a Christian outside of the Church to be saved, especially if they have never really been properly educated on the Catholic faith. Although Catholic myself, it is hard for me to believe that a devout Southern Baptist, Nazarene, Congregationalist, Methodist, etc. won’t be saved simply because they did not practice all of the sacraments of the Catholic Church. I guess the case of Jesus telling the murderer next to him on the cross that he would be saved because of his belief in him leads me to believe this is the case.
You wouldn’t survive Judgement Day let alone!I am never becoming Mormon!! I wouldn’t survive a day!!
How can you respect non-Christian religions?I respect nearly all other religions, Christian and Non-Christian, however I tend to have a tower opinion of Evangelical Protestantism as I see a lack of intellectualism in spiritual practice and theology as well as a suspicion of accepted science. This lack of curiosity combined with the assertive and unyielding manner of apologetics employed by some adherents can be irritating. Biblical literalism tends to grate on my nerves a bit as well.
I think there’sa slight difference between “I respect your religion” and “I expect your beliefs.” I know it sounds contradictory, but look at it this way. I can respect my in laws overall religion, being evangelical. However, I do not respect several aspects of said religion. Typically, saying you respect someones religion is meant more along the lines of, respecting their right to believe in their religion, and not feeling hateful towards it.How can you respect non-Christian religions?
They do not believe in Jesus Christ.
You respecting that religion means you respect the rejection of Jesus Christ.
You can respect a person but not their religion, this doesn’t mean you have to dislike or hate.
Jainism is by far my very favorite religion and holds such high standards for moral and ethical behavior. I have nothing but respect and admiration for that religion.Jainism: Mostly admiration.