How do you REALLY feel about other religions?

  • Thread starter Thread starter joshkt79
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jainism is by far my very favorite religion and holds such high standards for moral and ethical behavior. I have nothing but respect and admiration for that religion.
Disregarding Christianity, Jainism is also my favorite religion (even though it admits no gods, so it seems to clash with our conception of “religion”, although many forms of Buddhism admit no gods, and they are secondary to Taoism as well: I could never do the vegetarianism thing: one quality that is admirable and a strength, but also a weakness [no pun intended] is the lengths to which Jainism takes ahimsa, pacifism), along with Sikhism, depending on how the spirit lists.

The moral values and several of the teachings of Sikhism, and the way they are expressed, are enough to make the spine tingle or to produce goosebumps, especially in the symbolism of the “Five Ks”, especially the kirpan, “to defend those who can not defend themselves”, and the metal bracelet (I forget what it’s called), with some of the same meaning as ouroboros, and the uncut hair (again, I forget what it’s called, although it begins with the letter “k”), which, seemingly insignificant, is to proclaim the perfection of God’s creation.

Not exactly Christian, but still admirable; there are religions that are equally non-Christian, and not admirable, and religions that are self-proclaimed as Christian, and less admirable than the Jains and Sikhs.

Again, as a proviso, repeating what others have said and the title of this thread, please note that none of my posts are about my feelings towards any specific believer in any specific religion: they are about the religions, as abstract concepts, themselves.

Edit: I forgot to express my original intention in replying, to express amazement that we (partially) agree on something.
 
I think Zoroastrianism has influenced us tremendously, whether we notice it or not.

It more accurately reflects what the average “Christian” or even Catholic (not the Church itself) believes about the devil (Ahriman). People seem to think of the devil as an “anti-God,” being similar in strength and knowledge when compared to God, which more closely resembles Zoroastrianism rather than Christianity where the devil is practically irrelevant compared to God.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top