How do you respond?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dessert
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dessert

Guest
Does it bother you when the JW’s come to your door and how do you respond? It will soon be spring and they will be coming around again, so I sometimes have a hard time being polite to them and they can be very persistant. Should I argue bible with them? Dessert
 
I wouldn’t try to argue the Bible with them - they are very trained & know how to respond to pretty much anything you can throw at them, scripture wise.

Instead, I would share what knowing Jesus has done for your life. I would tell them how much you value & appreicate your faith & how truly blessed you are. Be positive - not combative. That will give them more pause than anything else.

In all my years as a JW of knocking on doors, people were quick to tell me that I was wrong, but nobody ever took the time to tell me what God meant to them.

God Bless,
CM
 
I always smile and am polite…as I hand them a Catholic tract.
You never know, one of them might actually read it (as opposed to tossing it in the trash) and ‘see da light!’
 
I treat them the same way I do solicitors. I tell them I am not interested, thank you for stopping and have a great day. I smile and shut the door. Of course, the sound of my dog barking like crazy often helps. I try not to be rude…

:heart:Blyss
 
I try to be very polite, when I was younger I would engage them in conversation (which would drive my father NUTS!!:rotfl: )
Now I emphasize that I believe in the Christian doctrine… Plus, the big-sounding dog barking in the back helps to get away from the door, as does the screaming toddler:rolleyes: …
 
It helps to have a good background of scripture. A couple of young ladies came to my door several years ago, and I invited them in to share the scriptures with them. When I came to difficult questions that they couldn’t answer, they promised to come back. I had the sense they were going back to their elders to learn how to answer me. Each time they returned, I had more questions they couldn’t answer, and eventually they quit coming. Maybe a seed was planted, who knows … only God. But these people, while being rather persistent, are also sincere in their beliefs and think they are expected to evangelize. Gotta admire them!
 
I LOVE the JWs! Think about it: they go from door-to-door, having people reject them time and again, often very rudely. Yet they keep at it. They are very committed to what they believe. You have to admire that.

Contrary to what people think, I did not find at my most recent encounter just 2 weeks ago, that they knew Scripture very well at all. They know what they know, and they know it the way they know it, but without even TRYING, I challenged their presumptions, and did it without any rancor at all.

One thing they think is that in Job 1:6, where it says that Satan was among the sons of God, that somehow that means that if Christ is the son of God, it’s the same thing as Satan being a son of God.

But any idiot can point to John 3:16, where Christ is referred to as “the only begotten son” – and show that a “son” who is a created being, like an angel, is not the same thing as an “only begotten son” since “begetting” means that the “begotten” is of the same substance as the “begetter.” I used the crude example of DNA. Humans beget human children with human DNA, monkeys beget monkeys with monkey DNA.

Go to Jeffrey Schwehm’s web site, xjw.com, to get geared up. I believe CA Libraries also has good materials. Go to EWTNs site, click on “Libraries,” “Audio,” then type Jehovah’s into the lower of the 2 boxes and you will get Journey Home programs that are very useful.

You need to get their attention while they are in your living room because they won’t read anything you give them; they’re not allowed.
 
It helps to have a good background of scripture. A couple of young ladies came to my door several years ago, and I invited them in to share the scriptures with them. When I came to difficult questions that they couldn’t answer, they promised to come back. I had the sense they were going back to their elders to learn how to answer me. Each time they returned, I had more questions they couldn’t answer, and eventually they quit coming. Maybe a seed was planted, who knows … only God. But these people, while being rather persistent, are also sincere in their beliefs and think they are expected to evangelize. Gotta admire them!
On that note, I do!
Just wondering, does anyone know of any Christian folks that do the door to door thing? The only poeple I know of are the LDS and JW… And in my newest neighborhood (we moved here about 3yrs ago), I haven’t had any visitors at all… Which is surprising, since there is a Kingdom Hall only about 7mins down the rd…
 
I am a home healthcare provider.right now,i have clients that are JW.they handed me a book to read and was told that the world is coming to an end.the husband said that it is only JW that interprets the bible correctly. i havent say a word yet,as in my profession we are not permitted to discuss religion with our clients.so far they have not attack the RCC.if they were not my client,it will be adifferent story.btw,it seems that some of them dont respect other peoples’ faith .i have a catholic client that has a sign in her door that says," this house lives catholic faithful,other faith not allowed to discuss their propaganda here."despite of this,JW members keep leaving their booklets in her doorstep.theyre really very pushy with their agenda to proselytize!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top