C
Charlotte408
Guest
I’m in a bit of a pickle. I see it…comin’ straight at me and its gonna be a trainwreck…
My daughter is an only child. On top of that, I’m a single parent. And, shes the first and only grandchild. And- shes just amazing and beautiful and adorable and all those things that make even random strangers go gaga over here.
So heres the thing, everywhere we go, and I mean EVERYWHERE, people are always giving her things.
I walk into the mercado and its not long before ‘ah, que chula! here mijita! you want that? oh you can HAVE it…’
usually she just picks something up and people tell her, ‘oh you want it, you can have it’…
its insane. We always smile, and say thank you…were very polite about it…and of course she just eats it up, being the center of attention everywhere we go…
But, then comes the times when its just US- and we go say, to the store … and she wants something…and…sometimes I just DONT have the money. then the fit happens…and her fits arent that bad…she doesnt throw her self on the floor or anything, but its the additude…the pouting, the ‘i hate you your so mean mom’’…
she doesnt understand, I think, why everyone else in the world just gives her everything, but i, sometimes cant.
So what do I do? With strangers, I’m more lenient, thinking I dont want to be rude, and…they are just being nice to a polite young girl…no harm…
but with family, i think i should have a different approach. it would make it a whole lot easier if i could at least cut THAT out…but, for example, I’m a recent convert…i’ve always believed in God, but just these past couple years i’ve been growing and living in my faith…
so my family, being very liberal…already thinks (as the stereotype with religious people goes) that i have some kinda ‘holier than thou’ additude…which i dont, but they just…have this almost disgust for the fact that i am committed to living this lifestyle. so i KNOW that if i ask them to please, not give so many gifts, or - if they give her something and i say no, she cant have it, its going to be a BIG deal…
like what they’re not good enough to give her presents, or something…i just know itd be drama…i could hear my mom now, ‘thats my granddaughter and my only one and how dare you…blah blah blah…’ theres gotta be some common ground without offending anyone…
but geez…this girls spoiled. totally spoiled…sometimes i look at her when she doesnt get her way and, as beautiful as she is, it just looks ugly…
any help? stories?? etc? thanks ladies…
My daughter is an only child. On top of that, I’m a single parent. And, shes the first and only grandchild. And- shes just amazing and beautiful and adorable and all those things that make even random strangers go gaga over here.
So heres the thing, everywhere we go, and I mean EVERYWHERE, people are always giving her things.
I walk into the mercado and its not long before ‘ah, que chula! here mijita! you want that? oh you can HAVE it…’
usually she just picks something up and people tell her, ‘oh you want it, you can have it’…
its insane. We always smile, and say thank you…were very polite about it…and of course she just eats it up, being the center of attention everywhere we go…
But, then comes the times when its just US- and we go say, to the store … and she wants something…and…sometimes I just DONT have the money. then the fit happens…and her fits arent that bad…she doesnt throw her self on the floor or anything, but its the additude…the pouting, the ‘i hate you your so mean mom’’…
she doesnt understand, I think, why everyone else in the world just gives her everything, but i, sometimes cant.
So what do I do? With strangers, I’m more lenient, thinking I dont want to be rude, and…they are just being nice to a polite young girl…no harm…
but with family, i think i should have a different approach. it would make it a whole lot easier if i could at least cut THAT out…but, for example, I’m a recent convert…i’ve always believed in God, but just these past couple years i’ve been growing and living in my faith…
so my family, being very liberal…already thinks (as the stereotype with religious people goes) that i have some kinda ‘holier than thou’ additude…which i dont, but they just…have this almost disgust for the fact that i am committed to living this lifestyle. so i KNOW that if i ask them to please, not give so many gifts, or - if they give her something and i say no, she cant have it, its going to be a BIG deal…
like what they’re not good enough to give her presents, or something…i just know itd be drama…i could hear my mom now, ‘thats my granddaughter and my only one and how dare you…blah blah blah…’ theres gotta be some common ground without offending anyone…
but geez…this girls spoiled. totally spoiled…sometimes i look at her when she doesnt get her way and, as beautiful as she is, it just looks ugly…
any help? stories?? etc? thanks ladies…