M
MDomashinski
Guest
My soon to be 2 year old has discovered a sacred part of her female anatomy during bath time. I have just tried to redirect her attention to another toy but realize that this is the beginning of teaching her about the sacredness of her body. Something I never really learned until after really getting to know Christ. (Thank God for Confession and all of our Church’s Sacraments).
I am especially sensitive to this b/c of the current climate of our culture that embraces self-mutilation through masturbation as "normal’ when in truth, it separates us from God. I want to ensure that those seeds aren’t being scattered in my innocent daughter’s soul (especially unconsciously by me). Granted, I understand that she will discover the beauty of God’s creation in all that her body is capable of in God’s own time. My concern is my stewardship over that discovery. I want to ensure that what I teach my daughter about her body is in order with God’s plan for her.
So, I guess continued prayer, and hopefully some insight from parents who have been here/done this would be in order as well.
Prayerfully your sister in Christ,
MDomashinski
I am especially sensitive to this b/c of the current climate of our culture that embraces self-mutilation through masturbation as "normal’ when in truth, it separates us from God. I want to ensure that those seeds aren’t being scattered in my innocent daughter’s soul (especially unconsciously by me). Granted, I understand that she will discover the beauty of God’s creation in all that her body is capable of in God’s own time. My concern is my stewardship over that discovery. I want to ensure that what I teach my daughter about her body is in order with God’s plan for her.
So, I guess continued prayer, and hopefully some insight from parents who have been here/done this would be in order as well.
Prayerfully your sister in Christ,
MDomashinski