M
MGouveia17
Guest
It is a bit disconcerting that answers by us “lay people” may include answers not well versed in Catholic doctrine.
I don’t *presume *to know the complete answer in regards to the question: how does a Catholic attain salvation? However, Jesus said “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me”. Accepting Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior is central and key in our Catholic faith. It is why we celebrate the Eucharist at Mass. Without Jesus Christ we have no church. St. Peter, one of Jesus’ Apostles was the first Pope of the Catholic Church- Christ’s church founded over 2,000 years ago. So that without Jesus we have no salvation. The Sacraments are an *affirmation *of our believe in Jesus and that He will come again to judge the living and the dead and that His kingdom will have no end. Infants by their very nature are pure and go to heaven with or without baptism. They are angels. I have confirmed this with my priest.
Hope my answer is useful in some way. Thanks.
I don’t *presume *to know the complete answer in regards to the question: how does a Catholic attain salvation? However, Jesus said “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me”. Accepting Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior is central and key in our Catholic faith. It is why we celebrate the Eucharist at Mass. Without Jesus Christ we have no church. St. Peter, one of Jesus’ Apostles was the first Pope of the Catholic Church- Christ’s church founded over 2,000 years ago. So that without Jesus we have no salvation. The Sacraments are an *affirmation *of our believe in Jesus and that He will come again to judge the living and the dead and that His kingdom will have no end. Infants by their very nature are pure and go to heaven with or without baptism. They are angels. I have confirmed this with my priest.
Hope my answer is useful in some way. Thanks.