Congratulations and welcome to the family!
It can be a culture shock in some ways…I understand as a convert myself. However friends are made in the same way the world over, show an interest in another person, smile, be friendly, have a conversation and see what happens.
I would also say “Don’t judge a book by it’s cover”. We have no idea about other people and their life experiences. No doubt if you are in a regular parish there are hundreds of people there at Mass at the weekends. I’m sure every human struggle you can think of is represented in that congregation. “Church people” are human people.
If you seriously cannot get past your own prejudices you could volunteer to help at a Catholic foodbank or homeless shelter. Most likely you will be able to relate to all the people; those serving and those receiving because really we are not so different. In fact many people choose to try and help because they have been in a similar situation themselves.
“There but for the grace of God go I”.
Also one of my greatest friends grew up in a very loving family, staunchly Catholic and very sheltered: let’s call her “Grace”. My parents died when I was a teenager, I was in foster care, homeless, surrounded by atheists, drug users, crazy people, you name it. Yet this friend could relate to me better than anyone I have ever met! She has been a great friend to such a wide range of people, because she truly loves: loves God and loves people.
There are no “rules” when it comes to friendship. Open your eyes to those around you, see them as God sees them. If you think they are all stereotypical “Church ladies” from SNL you are mislead. Pray, get involved and challenge yourself to not prejudge others but open your heart to them. You may be surprised at the result.
God bless you always.