W
whatevergirl
Guest
*I was curious about something. When we visited Pgh last summer, we went to our prior parish’s summer festival. I bumped into a few old parishioners, and they explained to me that the prior Pastor had been ‘reassigned’ to another parish in the area, and they had a new one. I thought it curious that they didn’t ‘‘promote’’ (not sure of the right word?) the other priest that had been there for years, and was such a gem! He ran the religious ed programs for many of the Catholic schools in the entire area…so I was surprised they brought someone completely new in to ‘take over’ the place of the prior Pastor.
So…thought I’d ask here…how does a parish decide upon a Pastor? Why do you suppose the priest who had been there for years (he is in his 40’s) wasn’t selected to be? *
So…thought I’d ask here…how does a parish decide upon a Pastor? Why do you suppose the priest who had been there for years (he is in his 40’s) wasn’t selected to be? *