How does one get the Holy Spirit?

  • Thread starter Thread starter imadesomanymist
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Through being born of the Spirit in Baptism, most especially through the Sacrament of Confirmation (laying on of hands), and through Faith.
 
I speak for myself only. I did not realize my charism, or sense the presence of the Holy Spirit until I received what is known as the baptism in the Holy Spirit (Note: it is NOT a Sacrament). This occurred at a “Life in the Spirit” seminar when our charismatic priest laid hands on me and prayed. My faith life came alive after that.

FYI: Fr. Raniero Cantalamessa is the preacher of the papal household, so he is approved from “on high” so to speak.
 
You receive the Holy Spirit through Christian Baptism (which also removes all sin). There is no other way (that we know of).

You receive the Grace of the Holy Spirit in various ways (Sacraments, prayer, etc).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top