M
mdgspencer
Guest
I have heard much about mediation, as a form of prayer. I have often wondered though how we would made our reading of spiritual books into prayer, since there seems a difference between the two.
That’s a great link, thanks for posting it!Spiritual reading done with Scripture becomes lectio divina, a form of prayer. More info is available at valyermo.com/ld-art.html
You can pray using the same method with spiritual writings other than scripture too, of course. For safety, stick to recognised and orthodox Catholic classics though.Spiritual reading done with Scripture becomes lectio divina, a form of prayer. More info is available at valyermo.com/ld-art.html
My previous spiritual director suggested sticking to spiritual writers whose name begins with “S” (as in “Saint”).For safety, stick to recognised and orthodox Catholic classics though.
I think we can say that prayer is covenant communion with God who is Truth. “Prayer is nothing other than union with God” (St. John Vianney).I have heard much about mediation, as a form of prayer. I have often wondered though how we would made our reading of spiritual books into prayer, since there seems a difference between the two.
:yup:Prayer is communion with God.
When the spiritual reading lifts up your heart, brings you into the presence of God and the communion with God, that’s when the spiritual reading may turn into a prayer.