How exactly does Mary "intercede" for those to pray to her?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BellsMom
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
If your pray with humility, you may feel that your prayers are not quite worthy of going directly to God with sometimes.

When you need something at work, do you always go directly to the CEO? In fact, didn’t the CEO create positions for other folks so that you could go to them when needed?

Mary is more accessible to us since she is one of us. So was Jesus. So are the Saints. Part of their joy and purpose is to help you (us) get access to God. They go between the perfection of God and our imperfections.
 
If your pray with humility, you may feel that your prayers are not quite worthy of going directly to God with sometimes.

When you need something at work, do you always go directly to the CEO? In fact, didn’t the CEO create positions for other folks so that you could go to them when needed?

Mary is more accessible to us since she is one of us. So was Jesus. So are the Saints. Part of their joy and purpose is to help you (us) get access to God. They go between the perfection of God and our imperfections.
This is a sublime post.

I feel this way often when I sin, that I am not worthy to approach the King, and then thank God for Mary and the Saints.

-Tim-
 
If your pray with humility, you may feel that your prayers are not quite worthy of going directly to God with sometimes.

When you need something at work, do you always go directly to the CEO? In fact, didn’t the CEO create positions for other folks so that you could go to them when needed?

Mary is more accessible to us since she is one of us. So was Jesus. So are the Saints. Part of their joy and purpose is to help you (us) get access to God. They go between the perfection of God and our imperfections.
God is not like a CEO. He does not need to delegate work to others because he is to busy to meet with them. God is never too busy to see anyone. Rather, he ordains it that we petition him through others because it brings him greater glory than if we only ever petitioned him directly. St. Paul writes, “he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be made wonderful in all them who have believed” (2 Thess. 1:10).

I worry that if we compare God to a CEO, someone will read it and go away and tell their friends about the CEO analogy, saying that those stupid Catholics believe God is too weak to hear our prayers.
 
That’s a lovely sentiment but the only reason I would need someone to intercede on my behalf is because my judge is inclined to answer “no” to my request. Isn’t that so?

So does Mary actually change Jesus’s mind? Does Jesus say, “Well, I wasn’t really planning on giving Joe the strength to get thru this ordeal but since you’ve told me what a good and faithful person he is I’ll do it.”?

When people don’t ask for Mary to intercede does Jesus think, “Well I would have if you’d asked my Mother to pray for you but since you didn’t…the answer is no”

Why is a whole choir of prayers from Saints more meaningful then 1 honest prayer from a good christian?
Firstly, we should be sure we are a good Christian. Once this hurdle is jumped, we can revel in the promises of Christ. However does that disregard the communion of Saints? Do we disregard the assistance of our friends? “No, I am good enough to be heard. I don’t need your involvement?”
I for one revel in the discussion between our Christ and His Mother at Cana. “Woman, what has this to do with me or you? My time has not yet come.” To anyone listening this was a “No.” to her implied request. His mother just ignored Him and told the servants to do what He told them to do.
I am tickled pink that Our Lady would have interest and time to listen to my day to day worries. Yet she was the first to realise that her hosts had run out of wine. She was the first, like so many Jewish mothers, to take the solution on herself, and her family.
May she always take my burdens to her Lord and Son.
 
My last response was not helpful or accurate God may not trust anyone but He has a desire to save those who please Him and is willing to sacrifice any risk for them or maybe no one will go to heaven but those who truly love Him so He does trust them but I think He saves even His enemies who He does not trust out of pity if they believe in Him and do His commandments
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top