How important "Obedience" is?

  • Thread starter Thread starter water
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

water

Guest
I don’t want to make an assumption to all people, but I have seen quite a few who are really against Obedience - They seem to say “Between me and God and I don’t need to listen to anybody - as long as what I am doing is not against Him, I am fine.”

Let’s share, yes, using Scripture alone, where one person thinks he was doing it to honor God and it seemed like it was a right thing for him to do, yet God was upset and punish him for it."

Could someone help me out on this?

Many thansk!
 
I don’t want to make an assumption to all people, but I have seen quite a few who are really against Obedience - They seem to say “Between me and God and I don’t need to listen to anybody - as long as what I am doing is not against Him, I am fine.”

Let’s share, yes, using Scripture alone, where one person thinks he was doing it to honor God and it seemed like it was a right thing for him to do, yet God was upset and punish him for it."

Could someone help me out on this?

Many thansk!
CCC 1269 Having become a member of the Church, the person baptized belongs no longer to himself, but to him who died and rose for us. From now on, he is called to be subject to others, to serve them in the communion of the Church, and to “obey and submit” to the Church’s leaders, holding them in respect and affection. Just as Baptism is the source of responsibilities and duties, the baptized person also enjoys rights within the Church: to receive the sacraments, to be nourished with the Word of God and to be sustained by the other spiritual helps of the Church.

1 Cor 6:19; 2 Cor 5:15.
Heb 13:17.
Eph 5:21; 1 Cor 16:15-16; 1 Thess 5:12-13; Jn 13:12-15.
 
I think p3s1c2a2 of the CCC may be helpful to you.

CCC 1900: The duty of obedience requires all to give due honor to authority and to treat those who are charged to exercise it with respect, and, insofar as it is deserved, with gratitude and good-will.
 
great! thank you for providing the verses! 👍

Another person did not directly obey to God was Moses. He knocked on the rock twice for the water to come out to save people from being thirsty. He was supposed to do it once.

Was it the result of this that Moses could not enter the Promised Land?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top