How is it possible that Jesus gave his body to the Disciples at the last supper?

• Thread starter Thread starter Kramgen
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Code:
 The Last Supper was the presentation of the mystery of the Mass. “Do this in Remembrance of Me.” TRANSUBATANTIATION : is (especially in the Roman Catholic Church) the conversion of the substance of the Eucharistic elements into the body and blood of Christ at consecration, only the appearances of bread and wine still remaining.
  Jesus blessed the bread & wine. When He spoke His words,(Jesus is the Word.) His words have power. He spoke & the essence of the bread & wine changed to His Body & Blood.
This action continues everyday w Mass. It is Jesus.
Google Eucharistic Miracles. The Host is Jesus. The Wine Is His Blood. In real time, the Host started bleeding. Scientists tested the blood & the Host. The Host turned into the Left Ventricle of the heart muscle. The blood was AB +. When we receive communion, IT IS JESUS! We are blessed.
I hope that helps explain things. God is Faithful.
In Christ’s Love
Tweedlealice

ready to judge others
We are all entitled to judge the validity of a statement. This is a particularly clear case: if you don’t believe in Transubstantiation you don’t believe in Catholicism. It’s a free country; you have a right to reject Catholicism. But please be under no illusion about it: that is what you are doing.

It’s like saying “you have no right to say Im not a communist just because I believe in free market capitalism “

if you don’t believe in Transubstantiation you don’t believe in Catholicism.
And that is what it comes down to, no? If you don’t believe Catholic teaching, don’t call yourself Catholic.

And that is what it comes down to, no? If you don’t believe Catholic teaching, don’t call yourself Catholic.
To be fair, this argument sounds overly harsh against the individual.
It may very well be poor catechesis.

I believe it possible that an individual may have been raised to be Catholic, but has such poor catechesis that they do not realize what that entails.

Instead of an indictment, perhaps we should take the opportunity to teach.

Thank you! There is so much lashing out at people for not expressing correct teaching when the better thing to do is calm down, don’t be offended, and see how you can help the person without an indictment, name calling, or a condescending lecture. Grace and mercy are needed. And if the person still disagrees, keep it moving. I think it’s unfortunate that many don’t understand the real presence but being uncharitable is only going to make people move away from the faith, not learn it.

Last edited:
You are being discouraged from an incorrect belief, from a belief contrary to the faith you say you hold. I would think you would be more concerned with that than with…
I would have expected a response more along the lines of “what do you mean it’s not symbolic? Tell me why.” I would have thought you’d be concerned about how you could have attended Mass every week for all these years and not understood what the Eucharist is, not understood that you were receiving the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of your Lord and Savior. I would have thought that would be your concern— tell me why the Church teaches that, help me to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back