T
tek95969
Guest
My daughter has been going through RCIA for over a year now. She was welcomed into the Church half way through last lenten season and has attended classes every week without fail. She has been part of the parish community and family and has been an avid volunteer. Her spiritual growth has been tremendous also.
So - how long must she go through RCIA until she can be Baptized and receive the other Sacraments? In the beginning they told her it would take a year and that she would be baptized this Easter. Now they are telling her it will be another year until she is baptized. She feels ready and I also feel she is ready, but she now feels let down and that she had been lied to. I can’t blame her because the entire family and RCIA class thought that her baptism would be this year also. They aren’t holding her back because of any issues with her progress and I wonder if the people running the classes may have this wrong.
Can anyone with knowledge of the process please help us. Isn’t one year of classes and instruction enough?
BUMMED OUT
So - how long must she go through RCIA until she can be Baptized and receive the other Sacraments? In the beginning they told her it would take a year and that she would be baptized this Easter. Now they are telling her it will be another year until she is baptized. She feels ready and I also feel she is ready, but she now feels let down and that she had been lied to. I can’t blame her because the entire family and RCIA class thought that her baptism would be this year also. They aren’t holding her back because of any issues with her progress and I wonder if the people running the classes may have this wrong.
Can anyone with knowledge of the process please help us. Isn’t one year of classes and instruction enough?
BUMMED OUT