J
John_Russell_Jr
Guest
My dear friends
I have pondered this question for several years since a friend who’s a member of Opus Dei told me he believed in an exact interpretaion of the bible which is about 5,000 yrs even though the old calendars are unknown. He also believes God created the world with fossils, dinosaur bones etc already there to make the earth look old etc for our benefit. I have wondered about this question and never agreed. My parish priest thinks we’ve been here about 100,000 yrs I think. Last night I was thinking about it and here is my conclusion.
One of the philosophical proofs for the existence of God follows-
Some other proofs for Gods existence are on my website heavensmessengers.org/inherit_eternallife.html
I see God as a creative God who does everything perfectly. So I can’t agree with my friend. What are your thoughts and do fill out the poll please.
God bless you all:thumbsup:
John
I have pondered this question for several years since a friend who’s a member of Opus Dei told me he believed in an exact interpretaion of the bible which is about 5,000 yrs even though the old calendars are unknown. He also believes God created the world with fossils, dinosaur bones etc already there to make the earth look old etc for our benefit. I have wondered about this question and never agreed. My parish priest thinks we’ve been here about 100,000 yrs I think. Last night I was thinking about it and here is my conclusion.
One of the philosophical proofs for the existence of God follows-
- Ontological (Anselm): “God” means “that which has all conceivable perfections” ; and it is more perfect to exist really than only mentally; therefore God exists really. The most perfect conceivable being cannot lack any conceivable perfection.
Some other proofs for Gods existence are on my website heavensmessengers.org/inherit_eternallife.html
I see God as a creative God who does everything perfectly. So I can’t agree with my friend. What are your thoughts and do fill out the poll please.
God bless you all:thumbsup:
John