M
Maxply
Guest
I’m wondering if reading is declining as an activity. Is it?
How much do you read? What percentage of your leisure time?
How much do you read? What percentage of your leisure time?
I adore reading and hadn’t heard of the “Sister Agatha” mystery series…will have to check it out. Thanks!!!Just finished the latest Mary Higgins Clark (“Where Are You Now?”–fab, as usual, especially if you enjoy suspense with no sex or violence, but with a Catholic “flavor” to it!)
Read John Grisham’s “Playing for Pizza” on the way home from vacation (sure made an 11-hour trip go by more pleasantly although the book wasn’t my favorite.)
Got the latest Barbara Delinsky waiting in the wings (“The Secret Between Us”) and hoping to get the next Sister Agatha mystery by David and Aimee Thurlo this coming week (“False Witness”–the fourth in another great Catholic mystery series!)
Yeah, I read a little… too much!
David and Aimee (fellow New Mexicans from up around Corrales/Albuquerque) are rather prolific writers and have several series. The “Sister Agatha” series books are “Bad Faith”, “Thief in Retreat”, “Prey for a Miracle” and the latest, “False Witness”.I adore reading and hadn’t heard of the “Sister Agatha” mystery series…will have to check it out. Thanks!!!
my project for the summer - found a 1 vol collection of all 3 in a used bookstore. read it in college, and look forward to a re-read.I
Has anyone read Sigrid Undset? She wrote the Kristin Lavransdatter trilogy.
Me too!! I could just sit and read for hours. I’ve even started waking up earlier so I can read for an hour before work–it just makes my day better!I typically read 3-4 books each week. If I’m on vacation or traveling for work I read a book every day.