How much Grace do we each get?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Templar
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Templar

Guest
I was asked a question about grace do we all get the same amount or do we each get a different amount. I answered we each get a different amount just like we all get a different cross to bear and the grace/faith to bear it. Also the parable of the silver talents each got a different amount and Mary is hailed as FULL of Grace implying that the rest of us get less.
Am I wrong and is there something in writing. THis question has bothered me because I fear I may have taught something wrong.

Templar
 
Who was it who said Hail Mary full of grace?
An Angel of God can only say what he is given by God it has to be scriptual.
Jesus said to one 1 tallent is given toanother 3 and to another 5 , it is what we do with them that counts.
And there are many different kinds of graces tallents.
These could never be counted on this earth.

Be strong in your faith keep your heart in Jesus and your faith will surely grow, and God may give you more grace.
God bless.
 
I was asked a question about grace do we all get the same amount or do we each get a different amount. I answered we each get a different amount just like we all get a different cross to bear and the grace/faith to bear it. Also the parable of the silver talents each got a different amount and Mary is hailed as FULL of Grace implying that the rest of us get less.
Am I wrong and is there something in writing. THis question has bothered me because I fear I may have taught something wrong.

Templar
Grace is offered to all, some accept a little, some accept a lot. the more you accept, the more you get. God won’t run out of grace. Kind of like love, the more you give it away, the more you have. The less you give it away the less you have. So, ask and ye shall recieve.
 
I am so NOT a theologian, and it looks like you are asking for a definitive answer, not just opinions.

My understanding was that grace is available to us, “surrounding” us like the air we breathe. We choose to receive it or not. Though now that I say that, I guess choosing to receiving the grace of God is itself a grace.

Now you have me wondering.

Anyone out there with any authority have an answer?

Gertie
 
The more we humble ourselves and submit to God’s Will, the greater the graces we receive.

Some of us, by our response to God, have the capacity of a bucket, some the capacity of a 44 gallon drum, some the capacity of a water tank.

God gives us all the Grace we can take. Because we have free will, we ourselves limit or expand the capacity we accept.
 
“. . . [N]ot only are we reputed but we are truly called and are just, receiving justice within us, each one according to his own measure, which the Holy Ghost distributes to everyone as He wills**, and according to each one’s disposition and cooperation.”

** 1 Corinthians 12:11

Council of Trent,
Session Six, Chapter 7
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top