How Often Should One Go To Confession?

• Thread starter Thread starter Zen
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
serendipity:
Is anyone besides me finding it more and more difficult to find a normal confession time? Supposedly the church has confesion before Saturday mass, but for the last three weeks, and I tried two churches, no priest was available for confession before the mass, despite the fact that the bulletins say every Saturday before mass. I never understood why they can’t be in the confessional before each of the masses. I am sure that the priest is overworked, but if he is there for the mass anyway, what difference woudl a few minutes more make.

I know. I know. I can call and make an appointment, but I hate asking for extra time that way from a priest. I don’t like that much attention. I keep thinking he’ll be thinking “I made an appointment for what???”

Also getting to church presently is quite an issue for me, as my car is in the shop for a long time (needs major work) and I borrow a car for church. I work form home so the car is not too much an issue except for church and confession. But I want to be going to daily mass.
Yes COnfessions have been running 5:00 - 5:30 On Saturday nights. Its pretty inconvienient. I know its not Cannon law but I wonder if it would count as a sacrement to make penance on your own and confese your sins publicaly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back