How old were you when you got married!

  • Thread starter Thread starter TarAshly
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TarAshly

Guest
sorry to focus so much on the big day, mines coming up in 4 weeks and im nervous and consumed. a lady told me today that i was too young to be getting married 😦 so im just curious how old yall were when you got married? im 21 and am getting hitched next month, hes 23.
 
Congratulations! How old are you? As far as ā€œwhat’s too young?ā€, the Catholic Church considers the normal minimum age for marriage to be 19, though I believe dispensations can be granted for younger couples in some circumstances.
 
Congratulations to you too! its excitting but its a lot of work!
 
40.png
TarAshly:
sorry to focus so much on the big day, mines coming up in 4 weeks and im nervous and consumed. a lady told me today that i was too young to be getting married 😦 so im just curious how old yall were when you got married? im 21 and am getting hitched next month, hes 23.
Tar…I was 22 and my wife was 23 when I got married 6 years ago. I proposed to her when I was 19…I met her when I was 15…

When you got a good thing, don’t let it go.

Congrats
 
Tar,
Since I am annulled, I guess I’m still waiting for that special marriage proposal and this last birthday kicked me officially out of my 30 somethings. šŸ˜‰

God bless you on your marriage!
 
21, two months ago!!! We didn’t want a big whoop-la of a wedding so it was just us at the church (his choice not mine, since I have no religion really…wasn’t catholic either) and a bbq with everyone invited. worked pretty well since I am a student and have very little money!!! I did splurge on my dress though!!!

So far, my marriage has been great, we get along so much better living together then we did before…meaning, we got along great but we fought more before. That might not be the same with you but either way, marriage is awesome!!
 
We were both 20. It has not been easy, but it is not as hard as folks would’ve had us believe.

Also, age depends on how you were raised. My brothers and i, on one hand, were raised to be self-sufficient and able to live on our own before we turned 18. Some folks, however, (particularly many males i have seen) do not seem capable of being left on their own until they are 40 (and the parents are sometimes to blame, in my estimation).

If you know how to pay bills and solve your own problems, and not think of your self all the time, then you will be ok, regardless now at 21 or 51. Also, if this lady is not a close relative or friend, it ain’t none of her business anyhow (i know those types all too well- 24 years old with two children-some folks can be real nasty).

In Christ,
Adam
 
Yes, age had nothing to do with being ready for marriage. It deeply depends on your maturity. Two very different things. Maturity depends on how you were raised. I, for example, was pretty much, with few exceptions, self-sustainable when I was 13. I could do all my own banking, cook my own meals, do laundry, took care of myself, got my own job, by myself. The only problem was that I was 13 and know one would let a 13 year old live on their own.
 
I was 21, and got married 2 days before I turned 22. We were on our honeymoon on my birthday, and I forgot it was my birthday until that night at dinner! :banghead:
 
23 but hubby is 10 years older (and much wiser). He is my best best friend in the world and I am his biggest fan.
 
Lovemyfaith said:
23 but hubby is 10 years older (and much wiser). He is my best best friend in the world and I am his biggest fan.

Wow! I’m very glad you married your best friend, I married mine too! Just curious did you get any negitive reaction to the age difference?
 
We were 23 yrs old and have been married about 15 months!! šŸ‘
 
My husband and I were 28, both of us. We have been married for 28 years. You are old enough. The real question, is are you committed enough? Sometimes when people are much older than you they begin to get selfish and have a hard time adjusting. Stay close to God and you will be fine. Congrats!
 
I was 22 and my husband was 23. We’ve been married for six years now. I do think maturity and expectation has more to do with it than age. The first couple years can be really, really hard . . .just stick it out! I have learned so much from what God has done in my marriage!
 
I was 19, he was 21. We’ve been married 2 1/2 years. Honestly, I have to say that I think I was mature enough for marriage (I was the oldest of five), but he was still pretty immature (he was the baby of the family). We got pregnant and lot sooner than we expected (two months later!!), and he had to grow up very fast. He floundered for a while, but now he is working so hard, finishing school, and is an amazing Dad. AND, I stay at home with our son, though we don’t have a lot of money. I can’t believe the man that he has become, and it makes me love him all the more.

Congratulations on your marriage! May I recommend the book, Life Giving Love by Kimberley Hahn, it opened my eyes to God’s wonderful plan for marriage.

Shirelle
 
I was 23. We got married and our first born came 4 months after our 1st anniversary. We just celebrated our 10th anniversary.

I’m all for getting married young. Just make sure you’re both mature.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top