How Open Are You to Your Children's Vocations?

• Thread starter Thread starter BlueMit11
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would feel blessed if all 3 of my children were called. I pray with and for them that they do whatever God calls them to do, INCLUDING the religious life.

God Bless
Giannawannabe

My husband and I try to encourage our 4 children to the Priesthood or Religious life. We have one boy and three girls. Their ages are 11, 10, 7 and 5. So far they haven’t seemed as thought they are interested. However, my son(the 10 year old) asks me if he had a calling could he ignore it. I wonder if he is considering it and doesn’t want to tell us?

We would be blessed if all of our children were priests or religious. We will be blessed if they grow up to be faithful people, too.

:amen:

Also glad to see that none of you seem pushy. A boy in my parish has a mom who is almost insisting he become a priest, and it’s doing more harm than good. If we want children to be open to God’s will, we too have to be open to it.

Praying for God’s will in all things should be the answer to this. 😃 Why people want to intersect their own will into this is beyond my understanding.:banghead:

Kathleen Elsie Gibbs
Pray the Rosary and Divine Mercy daily
It is a parents duty to raise a child to serve the Lord

Here’s a great prayer:

O Blessed Trinity,
You called us to form
a community of love
through the sacrament of marriage.
Hear our prayer.
Father,
grant us the ability to live
the fruitfulness of your sacrificial love,
with fraternity toward all your children.
Lord Jesus,
may our family be always
a living image
of Your infinite and sacrificial love
toward the Church, your spouse.
May it become for others
a model of the call
to perfection and holiness.
Divine Spirit,
grant us ardent love,
strength in difficulties,
and generous self-giving toward all.
O Divine Trinity,
give us healthy children,
give us holy children.
Choose your consecrated ones
from among them.
Mary,
spouse, virgin, and mother,
our model,
we give our family to you.
Make our family a tabernacle of love. Amen.
-W. Giaquinta, founder of the Pro Sanctity Movement

from a prayer card and the collection of prayers on my website: cora.dashjr.org/prayers/

my Mother my Confidence,
Corinne

Though I fostered an atmosphere of being open to a possible vocation to the priesthood, neither of my sons had a calling…

I have 3 boys and 2 girls ages 6 1/2 and under. They all love the mass, I think my oldest boy(5) could be a priest. They love to play mass, we have a mass kit with the bells for the alterserver to ring and the paten and chalice. We made unleavend bread in the shape of hosts. As long as they follow God’s will I am cool with that. My middle son goes back and forth between being a priest and a pizza man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back