S
spellinggirl
Guest
Hey there! I’m a 16-year-old girl and I’d like to give up meat for Lent. I did it two years ago and it was really hard for me, but I really felt Christ’s suffering during those 40 days. The problem is, I didn’t really eat too well… lots of quesadillas and such. 
I also don’t want to inconvenience my mom. I don’t want her to feel obligated to make me special food or buy me things the rest of the family normally wouldn’t eat. She’s not Catholic, so I’m not positive how she would react to my wishes.
Do you think I should do this? If so, do you have any advice? If not, is there something else you think I could give up that would be equally difficult?
Thanks very much in advance!
I also don’t want to inconvenience my mom. I don’t want her to feel obligated to make me special food or buy me things the rest of the family normally wouldn’t eat. She’s not Catholic, so I’m not positive how she would react to my wishes.
Do you think I should do this? If so, do you have any advice? If not, is there something else you think I could give up that would be equally difficult?
Thanks very much in advance!